Quick Q. With hyper threading on which "sets" of logical cores are the individual physical cores? 
0,1 = Core 1
2,3 = Core 2
4,5 = Core 3
6,7 = Core 4
Is this right? This is in reference to most monitoring software and calls to the CPU for temperature and load.
I tried looking for any whitepapers or even a simple diagram that would identify the grouping but couldn't find any. I am sure there is some out there but I suspect it's on page 536, or 537 of one of the Google searches.
And one last, thing,
Core 1-4 would be from left to right physically with the L3 cache oriented below the cores and the IHS facing up, correct?
-Thanks in advance.
edit IHS =/ HSF
0,1 = Core 1
2,3 = Core 2
4,5 = Core 3
6,7 = Core 4
Is this right? This is in reference to most monitoring software and calls to the CPU for temperature and load.
I tried looking for any whitepapers or even a simple diagram that would identify the grouping but couldn't find any. I am sure there is some out there but I suspect it's on page 536, or 537 of one of the Google searches.
And one last, thing,
Core 1-4 would be from left to right physically with the L3 cache oriented below the cores and the IHS facing up, correct?
-Thanks in advance.
edit IHS =/ HSF
Last edited: