• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

i7 920 OC High Temp Low Voltage

pedophilekiller

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
462
This is perplexing: I can get my i7 to 3.8ghz (19x200) at 1.15v steady but the temperature would linger around 80-85C during Prime. The problem is I don't feel comfortable now trying 4ghz because the temp would immediately shoot towards 90C+ in seconds. The Arctic Silver 5 is the right thickness (I did it thrice) and the Xigmatek should be okay as well. My case has 5 120mm fans spinning right now and the exhaust is actually very cool. Help me remove the temperature bottleneck.
 
Back
Top