• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

i7 920 Drivers from 2006!?

kompulsive

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 11, 2008
Messages
355
Can someone please post detailed instructions on fixing this issue? I know you are suppose to use the INF Driver Update utility or something, but I haven't been able to get it to work correctly. When I go into Device Manager and right-click-->details my processor, it is showing the drivers are "Microsoft" from like 2006, rather than Intel.
 
Can someone please post detailed instructions on fixing this issue? I know you are suppose to use the INF Driver Update utility or something, but I haven't been able to get it to work correctly. When I go into Device Manager and right-click-->details my processor, it is showing the drivers are "Microsoft" from like 2006, rather than Intel.
It's just basic CPU stuff. You don't need any CPU drivers beyond what the OS provides except in some situations like what AMD ran into a few years ago with dual core.
 
Back
Top