• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

i7 870 users

jojodancer

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
127
I noticed the temperature of CORE 2 always 7-8c lower than those from CORE 0, 1 and 3.

Is it normal?
 
Running Prime on an 870 right now, temps are 70/68/66/66. Sounds like a heatsink seating issue to me, or the bottom of the heatsink could use some lapping.
 
I dont own an i7 but I know on my C2Q two cores are almost always about 5C warmer than the other two. Reseating HSF didn't help, heck I even upgraded the HSF (not for this reason) and the temps of all the cores dropped, but two were still 5C warmer.
 
it is fine. you dont have to worry about it. temp differences in that range is normal.
 
Back
Top