i7-860 Overclock questions

delvryboy

2[H]4U
I haven't seemed to able to find a lot of info for the i7 1156 platform(a ton on the 1366), especially at [H].

Most of the threads on the other forums, people are running close to 1.4v vcore for 4GHz and I really don't have any interest in pushing it that far.

Also, what is the QPI link? Do I need to worry about this? There are settings for "skew" and "ratio" which I have on auto, since I am clueless as to what they do. I guess I'm just used to 775 and FSB.

I've got it up to 4GHz, P95 stable for 12 hours, but I want to make sure I'm not giving it too much voltage or have anything else out of whack.

occ1.png

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1002726

I pulled the Xigmatek this afternoon because it just wasn't cutting it: 89-90c after 2 hours of Prime. I picked up a Megahalems and a 1600rpm S-flex to go with it and I'm back in business.

I had a stable 4.3 w/ temps @ 76-78c, but I had to give it 1.32v to get it there, and I'm not positive that is safe yet.

Also, to note, I do a TON of encoding and the HT gives it a noticeable boost, so I'm definitely sticking with it. Turbo boost is off.

Oh, I still have to tweak the ram, but it's not my concern right now.

Oh, and the multiplier..... I can't find anyone running 22x and I'm not sure why.

Just some more settings:

vcore = 1.24v

IMC = 1.15v

DRAM = 1.65v

PLL = 1.815v

PCH = 1.05v

CPU Differential amplitude? = Auto

CPU Clock Skew? = Auto

Back