• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

i7 860 how do u guys like it?

Skotty

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 1, 2010
Messages
86
hey i have a i7 860 2.8ghz cpu. don't have the right mother board to test it out. Just wondering what some of u guys with the same cpu over clocked it to on air and liquid. ill prolly end of up selling it but it seems like a nice cpu. jw what u guys got it up to. thanks
 
I had one, 4.0Ghz with HT on and 4.2Ghz without HT. Water cooled though.
 
I have an 870 at 4.2Ghz with HT on air. I pretty much just went in and set the bus speed to 200, disabled Turbo mode, and bumped the voltage up a tiny bit so there may be more available. It hangs out at around 38C at idle and 60C under load.
 
@Bankie different parts of the world have diff ambient temps.
I only managed 3.8Ghz + HT on air with the i7 870 ambient 33 Degrees Celsius (typical Brisbane Australian weather) that would reach up to 75 Degrees C under Prime95 and 80 Degrees C under IntelBurnTest.
I assume your ambient must be no more than 18 Degrees Celsius (considering past 3.8 is not linear with voltage).

I went up to 4.2 myself (just to see how many volts). The max volts I tested was 1.45. However, due to my locality in the world to have HyperThread enabled requires 3.8Ghz max on my processor with 1.3 volts and LLC, Speedstep and C States on whilst keeping it all under 80 Degrees C.
I'm also running high VTT due to 4 sticks of 2GB ram running at 2000Mhz (9-10-9-28 CR1|1T).
 
Last edited:
We generally keep the house around 21C. So it idles at about 9C above ambient. IntelBurnTest will take it up into the mid-70s but I can't get any of my usage patterns to get anywhere near that so I normally go with the highest temps I see during gaming.

I can't remember what my Vcore is set to off the top of my head (I'm at work). I don't think E-LEET shows the voltage as it's set in the BIOS.

20qaskn.jpg


2iac56b.jpg
 
I had mine at 4.2. Running 4.0 now with all the ram slots full. There's more leeway but like to keep a good bang/voltage ratio.

oh that's on air with a CNPS10X Flex & Nexus PWM Fan.
 
If only my sinus did not play up in aircon, my computers would be very happy. :(
 
Back
Top