• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I7 860 - Base clock limited

[L]imey

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 9, 2009
Messages
2,046
Hi guys,

I'm still learning to OC my new I7,

I've hit a wall where I can't get above 178 base clock rate no matter what I do. The system won't POST. I've reduced the multiplier down to it's minimum of 9, I've turned the RAM ratio down as low as it gets. I've tried higher voltage on the core and the uncore.

I suspect it has something to do with memory timings, but I'm really in the dark.

Anyone with experience lend a hand?

I'm using a biostar TP55 board with the processor. Perhaps I'm just mobo limited?

Thanks in advance.
 
Back
Top