i7-6785R

XcPNehVYlE4A3C

Limp Gawd
anyone know anything about this chip? looking at intel's site its coming Q2 2016 and is the only desktop chip with iris 580 graphics. Search results just show a bunch of russian sites... is this not coming to the US or something?

the iris 580 does have 128meg eDRAM for the GPU (reading from info on the i7-6770HQ which is coming on the skull canyon NUC).

It's just a 65w version of the i7-6770HQ. Aimed at higher-powered low-profile desktops, instead of large laptops like the i7-6770HQ

It's not socketed, so you'll have to wait for an OEM to build something with it.

There was a similar part on Haswell, the 4770r.

It's just a 65w version of the i7-6770HQ. Aimed at higher-powered low-profile desktops, instead of large laptops like the i7-6770HQ

It's not socketed, so you'll have to wait for an OEM to build something with it.

There was a similar part on Haswell, the 4770r.

ahhh ok great info, thanks. I think there was a Gigabyte Brix that used that 4770r, so maybe they'll do another one with this chip.

I7 5775C is a great CPU.
Seems the 65 watt model is pretty close to that model.

I run it stock since the L4 cache limits overclocking.
But one of these in a NUC would be as fast as an i7 3770k.

You can overclock these if a mobo supports Ring Bus.
Hxbot guy hit 4.1ghz and the temps were stock air capable.

Would love a NUC with a scaled down AIO.

I really wonder why they don't make a socketed chip with the better gfx, seems like a no-brainer to me.

They do, BD has a badass GPU.

And this one is built upon the much more efficient Skylake GPU architecture (more efficient in performance/watt over Broadwell, which is why they can afford to ship Iris 540 devices at 28w or 15w). This used to be reserved for 45w parts, even in the Broadwell era!

That will ESPECIALLY benefit Skull Canyon, because Haswell IGP was power-limited even at 55w. Skylake should be able to keep it mostly fed even at 45w!

On top of that it has 50% more execution units. Add to that the new DDR4 to feed that madness, and we could see as much as a doubling of performance of the the 4770r :D

Last edited:
Back