i7 4930k overclocking

clayton006

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm running with the rig in the sig. Question about my overclock.
I'm running LLC at level 2 (Level 1 being no droop) and running at about 1.335v fixed vcore. At 4.7 this is rock solid and doesn't seem like a bad chip or overclock results.

That being said I would like to try for 4.8GHz 24/7 if I can. If I use fixed (or eventually go for offset voltage), what should be the max vcore I run through this thing for a "safe" 24/7 workload? I'm running custom water, so right now I have one core that peaks at 70c, the rest stay in the mid to low 60's at peak, low 60's high 50's average.

I should probably be okay with 4.7, but want some opinions. Thanks!

Last edited:

Araxie

Supreme [H]ardness
did you tried with no LLC? each level of LLC increase the total voltage at load even if the chip does not need it from 25% to 100%, try with no LLC and see if work.. about max voltage i would not go above 1.4v for 24/7 specially if you will be using fixed voltage. with offset you may toy with it up to 1.45v no more if you want to keep that chip a good long time...

clayton006

[H]ard|Gawd
I started with no LLC and slowly raised it up as I went through my stress testing and CPU multipliers. I did try 1.35v and Level 1 LLC and it wasn't stable so I was unsure if it would be safe to ratchet up the voltage at the highest LLC possible any higher.

I do plan to switch to offset mode soon to not keep my chip with high voltage all the time. That is, I will switch to offset mode once I find a stable fixed clock as a point of reference. I would like to keep the chip at least another year until Broadwell E shows up. I'm playing some CPU intensive games so the more frequency I can coax out the better.