i7 4770k overclocking help (BSOD-ing)

smodtactical

Limp Gawd
Hi my settings are as follows. I have tried anywhere from Core voltage of 1.24-1.34. There tends to be more stability around 1.3 to 1.31 but I still get a bsod every other day, sometimes even when not gaming. My OC is 4.3 ghz. Temps under loading around 65-68 deg C, cooler is corsair H100.

Thanks!

Core voltage: 1.34
Cache voltage override: 1.2
System agent voltage offset: 0.25
Analog IO Voltage offset: 0.15
Digital IO Voltage offset: 0.15
Initial CPU i nput voltage: 1.8
Eventual CPU input voltage: Auto
DRAM voltage: Auto

20200727_013707.jpg

Not yet but I can try. Do you want me to do a stress test at stock ?

Yeah you never know what can cause instability so i would take overclock right out of the picture. If things are stable at stock then work back up to the overclock you want. If you have further instability at stock then it could be driver or other hardware problems so best to find that out first before you fiddle further with voltages too much.

Most of my experience is with 2nd/3rd gen parts, but 4.3 isnt really a significant overclock, have you tried leaving everything but core voltage at auto? My 3770K needs about 1.3v to run at 4.4ghz, and my old 2500K would do 5ghz at 1.31v.

Basically any of these CPU's will do at least 4ghz on stock volts (typically can undervolt), so it doesnt typically take much more to get it stable at 4.3/4.4.

What BSOD code do you get? I have a cheat sheet with all the codes and what they usually mean when OCing sandy bridge parts.

Back