i7 2700k > 4770k?

I am currently running a i2700k @ 4.6ghz flawlessly 24/7 on an MSI Z68A-GD65 board.

It is strictly a gaming machine and I dont need any more SATA3 ports.

Is Haswell going to be much of an upgrade or am I better off waiting till the next gen?

Stick with what you have, or get a better cooler and clock it up even a tad further. Oc'ing is too hit and miss at the moment, so you might actually backtrack a little if you get a Haswell from where you are now.

What's your monitor at the moment?

Other than that you're set for gaming.

A mini-ITX Haswell box with the best integrated graphics might be an interesting project, but not replacing what you have IMO.

A mini-ITX Haswell box with the best integrated graphics might be an interesting project, but not replacing what you have IMO.
(nods)

This is where Haswell absolutely shines and what I'm using it for. After that hopefully Ivy-E will be my next main desktop PC.

I am currently running a i2700k @ 4.6ghz flawlessly 24/7 on an MSI Z68A-GD65 board.

It is strictly a gaming machine and I dont need any more SATA3 ports.

Is Haswell going to be much of an upgrade or am I better off waiting till the next gen?

You can always upgrade your motherboard to a Z77 and get 0.2-0.3 more ghz out of your chip.

I think SB is still solid and with nice clocks even more so, unless you were stuck on something like a q6600 / 920 / PH II 965 then it would be worth it but otherwise stick with what you have. Even z77 isn't worth the upgrade might as well wait for the next set of mobo's/cpu's .

Back