i7 2600 (Non-K)

nshank

Weaksauce
So apparently, 32GB of RAM isn't enough. And because that's the limit of the machine I have now, it's time to upgrade. New Hyper-V machine is already purchased, and because I love my wife, and want to help her keep loving me, I'm not really looking at trades except for what's listed below. Specs are as follows:

CPU: i7 2600 Retail, non-K
RAM: 32GB DDR3-1333 Super-Talent. (4x 8GB)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP (mATX Z77)
Video: EVGA nVidia GTX 560
SSD: Intel 335 240GB
HDD: 1TB WD Blue
Optical: Lite-ON Blu-Ray combo
Flash: Generic USB 3 internal card reader
Case: InWin BR665
PS: Seasonic 650 OEM

Machine was originally built as a hacintosh in November 2012, and OSX 10.8 runs just fine. Except for sound. But I have a USB sound card that I can include as well.

Windows performance index:

Processor: 7.9
Memory: 7.9
Graphics: 7.7
Gaming graphics: 7.7
Primary hard disk: 7.5

System is running Win 8 Enterprise, but not included because it's my technet copy.

May be willing to part out, depending on what I'd be left stuck with.

In a perfect world, I'd like all the monies. Building new would be $1400, so lets try $1100 shipped and see where that goes. All parts are still under the MFG warranty.

Possible soon to add:
Dell Latitude XT3
120GB Samsung SSD
4GB RAM
i3 3220
13" LCD
Backlit keyboard
Bluetooth
Port replicator

Think convertible laptop. And Win 8 runs so well on it :D

Trades:
Dell Precision laptop, 6500, 6600, 6700, 4600, 4700.
Proliant ML350 G6 - two if possible. Can be fairly bare config

For XT3 - Surface pro. (It's the wifes, and that's what she wants)

Came here to say that the non-K series doesn't get nearly the amount of love that it should. These processors perform great, and have the remote management and added virtualization features that have been stripped from the K's. The only downside is the lack of an unlocked multiplier, which means it's as well suited for overclocking.

For family / close friends who want to build their own machines, I get them the non-K processors specifically so that I can help them remotely (dd-wrt / openvpn) should someone accidentally delete their windows folder (or otherwise cause unthinkable devastation to their environment).

And up until I upgraded to a full Xeon-based lab at home, I was using non-K 2600's for the virtualization device passthrough support.

And also, for what it's worth, it may be worth recalculating the "new" price on this build. Seems a little high.

Best of luck!

Came here to say that the non-K series doesn't get nearly the amount of love that it should. These processors perform great, and have the remote management and added virtualization features that have been stripped from the K's. The only downside is the lack of an unlocked multiplier, which means it's as well suited for overclocking.

For family / close friends who want to build their own machines, I get them the non-K processors specifically so that I can help them remotely (dd-wrt / openvpn) should someone accidentally delete their windows folder (or otherwise cause unthinkable devastation to their environment).

And up until I upgraded to a full Xeon-based lab at home, I was using non-K 2600's for the virtualization device passthrough support.

And also, for what it's worth, it may be worth recalculating the "new" price on this build. Seems a little high.

Best of luck!

I did. Twice. But I can't even get an offer, so I'm not sure there's a point.

To anyone remotely interested - Make an offer. The worst I can say is no thanks. But please, PM said offer.

Bump.

Will part out if I can someone who wants video card, case, and PS.

Back