i5 Option

Berne

n00b
Hi,
What is my best choice for an i5 on my Flightsim max settings computer? Am I right in stating that the i5 takes only DDR2 not 3 and for FS9 is this a major factor?

Good Board
4GB DDR2
750W supp
GTX275

Regards,

Berne

Last edited:
i5 uses DDR3. There isn't a whole lot of real world difference between the two other then 3 is the standard going forward which means at this point there is no good reason to go 2. 3 is often becoming cheaper then 2 also.

i5 uses DDR3. There isn't a whole lot of real world difference between the two other then 3 is the standard going forward which means at this point there is no good reason to go 2. 3 is often becoming cheaper then 2 also.

There is a good reason to go with DDR3. It's the fact that the P55 i5 motherboards DO NOT support DDR2.

Hi,
What is my best choice for an i5 on my Flightsim max settings computer? Am I right in stating that the i5 takes only DDR2 not 3 and for FS9 is this a major factor?

Good Board
4GB DDR2
750W supp
GTX275

Regards,

Berne

I think you got that mixed up. i5 supports 2 channel DDR3 memory and i7 9xx supports 3 channel DDR3. All new intel CPUs support DDR3.

Get a ASUS SABERTOOTH 55i LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard, it's a nice match for flight simulator. :)

Hi again,
Im curious my current FSB for FS9 is 2.8ghz @ 133mhz and has no stutters or hanging at all, I have the option to go to 3.2 @ 800mhz for very little cost? Can I expect at least a 100% increase in performance with respect to the processor alone?

All good advice welcome,

Berne:confused:

Hi again,
Im curious my current FSB for FS9 is 2.8ghz @ 133mhz and has no stutters or hanging at all, I have the option to go to 3.2 @ 800mhz for very little cost? Can I expect at least a 100% increase in performance with respect to the processor alone?

All good advice welcome,

Berne:confused:

From just a faster FSB... No. How would you measure that anyway?

There will be an increase, yes, but it will not be 100%

I thank all contributers..consider this thread ended...in this case the Q9550 2.8 12mb has it .

All the best,

Berne

Back