Currently have an ASrock Z170 Pro4S motherboard and 32 gig (4x8 gig) 2666 Corsair Dominator RAM with additional cooling fan. Will be getting an i5 6500 processor soon. Here are pics of RAM + fan + motherboard.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfj76l0pogb8kym/20160112_131411.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bd0w0e0kq3zst7u/20160112_131434.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vi81ftt86m3lqw3/20160112_115223.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j76dum2i28izk8s/20160112_115247.jpg?dl=0
As you can see there is not much space between the CPU socket and the memory. I am having trouble figuring out which, if any, air cooler will actually fit. Does anyone have any suggestions for coolers (be it air or water cooled)? I will be getting a new case as well, so any size suggestions welcome. Would like to get a decent deal on it if at all possible.
I see this deal, but not sure if it's exactly the greatest.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835214061&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
Someone recommended a Thermaltake Frio Silent 14. Does this look like it will fit? Will blocking half of the heatsink with that huge RAM cooler make any difference?
Thanks for any and all help.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfj76l0pogb8kym/20160112_131411.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bd0w0e0kq3zst7u/20160112_131434.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vi81ftt86m3lqw3/20160112_115223.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j76dum2i28izk8s/20160112_115247.jpg?dl=0
As you can see there is not much space between the CPU socket and the memory. I am having trouble figuring out which, if any, air cooler will actually fit. Does anyone have any suggestions for coolers (be it air or water cooled)? I will be getting a new case as well, so any size suggestions welcome. Would like to get a decent deal on it if at all possible.
I see this deal, but not sure if it's exactly the greatest.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835214061&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
Someone recommended a Thermaltake Frio Silent 14. Does this look like it will fit? Will blocking half of the heatsink with that huge RAM cooler make any difference?
Thanks for any and all help.