• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I5 750 right for me?

korndawg

n00b
Joined
Oct 5, 2005
Messages
47
I currently have a E8400 on an asus ip5 mobo with 4 gig Ddr800 ram and a ATI 4850 GPU. I'm not a big PC gamer at all. The only game i play is WoW. However, with my new purchase of a PS3, I am starting to get big into bluray movie rips. To do so, I use PS3 media server to transcode my blurray rips into the correct ps3 format. My e8400 def struggles a little bit to keep up. Will the upgrade to the i5 750 be a huge improvement? Or do i need to look at spending more money on an i7? Is 4 gigs of DDR3 suffiecient also? Thanks!
 
The I5 will be a huge improvement but if your focus is video encoding I would close the door at everything that isn't 4 cores+ and with hyperthreading, so definitely I7. Even an 860 would do nice. :)
 
If you just need something "good enough" to handle the transcoding, then the 750 should do the job. However, I would recommend that you try out a bit of overclocking with your E8400 first, since you may not need to buy a new CPU altogether.
 
Back
Top