• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

i5 750? Core2Duox4?

gsxr762g13

n00b
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
1
Hello, new here (if anyone cares)

I am currently using a +3500 AMD 64bit 2.2@2.4 on an AGP board with a 6800GT

I want to get a new Intel setup for gaming, best processor for the money.

I'm almost set on the Intel Core i5 750 Quad with T5XE Mobo (any good?).
I have also read that the Core2Duox4 performs well...

Or should I hold off for something new coming out entirely?

Please give me your opinions, they are much appreciated.
Thanks
jDk
 
Core 2 Duo X4 *LOL* It's Core 2 Quad :p

The i5 is a little killer of a processor. There is a review out there where they clock it to 4.13GHz. At 4.13GHz it was faster than the i7 920 itself @ 4.13GHz in many benches. The i5 is a beast for the price. Socket 775 systems aren't really worth investing much into these days unless you have no other choice. I say you build an i5 system with a P55 motherboard. You'll be glad you did.
 
I guess that would depend on the rest of your setup. If you plan on going with a high end graphics card then I would pair that with the Core i5 but if you're gonna have a middle of the road or less graphics card then a Core i5 might be overkill...at the same time Core i5 setups aren't horribly expensive so that route might have a bit more longevity.
 
i5 750 and a MSI GD65 mobo with some G.skill Ripjaw 1600 RAM makes for a killer setup for a good price. Setup in my sig hit to 3.8ghz at 1.2v with no issues, though it made little difference so I run it far lower to save power and make less heat.
 
Back
Top