I5-3570k upgrade finally?

Kajun614

Limp Gawd
I am thinking of upgrading my 6yr old cpu. With a 9th gen cpu I7-9700k or the I9-9900k
Probably just stay with the I7-9700k
I got a lot of mileage out of my current cpu.

The clock speed difference alone seems worth it.

plus new chipset features

thoughts?
$399 vs $549 (saw the review where cooling a 9900k is a feat in itself)
I do still play a single thread game so clock speed matters. but then I play Civ type games too and cores come into play

I dunno. I have the exact same cpu. I'm not convinced there's enough of a bump to justify a major upgrade. Still plays games just fine IMO. Kind of wish I could rip and convert blu rays and cds faster but...

I guess I'm waiting for someone to impress me with something other than "here's a 5-10% increase, oops, scratch that spectre/meltdown"

=\

I'm still rocking my 3470. I swapped in a 1060 6gb about two weeks ago. I'm running Doom '16 on High/Ultra with 60+ FPS. World of Warcraft settings on "7" (out of 10) and get ~50 fps in full swing raid.

I've been going back and forth myself on an upgrade. And honestly, I made go team red with the 2700x.

I think 9900k is way too overkill for what it is. 8600k would be a solid choice imo.

I am in the same boat i5 3570k, 16 gb ram, gtx980ti, gsync 1440p

So far have had zero issues in any game, except Battlefield 5 multiplayer. I take a big hit in that game and my FPS dips a lot to 30-40 in heavy fights. It finally has me thinking maybe time to upgrade, from what I understand really need an i7 for it. I just can't decide 9700k or 9000k, I would go with 9000 but same issues I keep hearing about heat that is holding me back

I could never get mine oc'd past 4.0 stable
Memory is 1600 I try and bump to 1800 and I hard lock.
sound has issues too (got around with O2 dac/amp)
When I got the setup I couldn't afford the good pieces to build it right. Cheap motherboard, cheap ram, cheap heatsink. But now I can is why.
I mean if I hit 4.5-4.8 like lots of people I probably would be alright.

I could get a new motherboard, heatsink and ram and extend the life but that seems like spending money on a sinking ship.

You're probably right.
new cpu cooler and thermal paste maybe..
I doubt I even spent $10 on the cooler back then. Who knows what paste then. could be what is holding it back but I doubt it..I just hard lock if I bump up 100hz even changing volts up +.020 same hard lock and have to clear cmos

Back