i5-2500k Voltages?

nitefallz

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 15, 2000
Messages
2,366
I've been able to OC my i5-2500k to 4.5 stable but I'm wondering if my full load voltage is too high. My motherboard doesn't allow me to set the vcore directly, only by offset. Right now I have it at -.025.

Full load vcore 1.336v
Idle: .920-.936v
Idle temps are jumpy from 31-35
Full load temps I've seen 65

Using CM hyper 212+
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-M pro (which I really want to exchange but don't feel like driving another 120 miles)
 
Short answer: no, definitely not too high.

Little bit longer answer: most people on these forums will go up to ~1.4 without much of a second thought on SB, and even potentially further without ill effects. I don't think I've heard of a single chip that popped under 1.5v for that matter, but maybe someone else has a story of it. Personally, I didn't go past 1.45, and ended up with a 24/7 on my 2600k of just over 1.4. As far as temps, if under load they stay in the 70s I wouldn't be concerned in the slightest.
 
Good luck, and let us know where you finally top out stable! Its always fun getting to push a fresh chip and seeing where it ends up.
 
Back
Top