i5-2500k video encoding...very happy!

Eickst

[H]ard|Gawd
Upgraded from a Athlon II X4, encoding video would usually run at 30-35fps. Good enough but that's basically 1:1 time wise to the video I was encoding.

Now, with a i5-2500k, and a very mild overclock to 4.2ghz, averaging 59fps.....:D

Cuts my encoding time in HALF!

Can't believe I waited so long to upgrade.

Oh yeah, the gaming performance is nice, too....

there's been a new 2500k thread posted every 5 minutes since the price dropped $15 last week. Intel must be swimming in a vault full of cash like scrooge mcduck in ducktails.

there's been a new 2500k thread posted every 5 minutes since the price dropped $15 last week. Intel must be swimming in a vault full of cash like scrooge mcduck in ducktails.

Unlike Scrooge, though, Intel puts most of their revenues back into R&D (Intel has consistently led *everyone* - not just tech companies - in plowing revenue back into R&D). The Boggle Factor is that Intel hasn't exactly been rdly in handing out stock dividends.

encoding? from which format to another format blu-ray , dvd, divx, mp4
which software there is still more in it i bet

I hit almost real time with 1080p x264 with my i7-970, but only with really wide stuff. Actual full 16:9 or 1.85 stuff usually only gets around 18 FPS. But then again, I don't overclock and have no interest in doing so. DVD stuff I can bang out at around 200 FPS. I am looking into going to Sandy Bridge or something newer in the near future. I usually stay a generation behind because I don't like to pay $1k for a CPU.

Some of the files I get will not play on my WDTV live so I have to re-encode them to another format.....same exact settings in handbrake, twice the speed.....

I don't know exactly what the original is in only that my wdtv will not play it, so I change it to an mp4 with h264, then it works fine.

Hmmm, definitely a good motivation to move to SB since my i7-920 does xvid to h264/mp4 encoding at about 4:3 speed (45 minutes to encode 60 minutes of video).

Back