• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I won an nvidia sli contest!!

compslckr said:
cool, too bad they wont give you 2 7800gtx though :(


yeah, the contest started back in july before gtx's were available. They extended it a month, and it just took a while to wrap it up I guess.
 
Dual 6800 Ultras? Time to roll out the 600W PSU...

Jk...congrats on that :D.

Did you make those guns in 3dSM?
 
and the GTX WAS out in july... i remember cause it came out the day i had my business exam last year in high school.... (june)
 
Man...I'd love to say congrats again but it just seems wrong knowing your planning on ditching the 7800 GT SLI setup they sent you in favor of keeping an <cough...crap...cough> X850XT.
 
BBA said:
<cough...crap...cough> X850XT.

???

I play CS:S & DOD:S more than any other game I own. My setup is MORE than adequate to handle these games. And most newer games as well.
 
Hey man...no problem, ignorance is bliss you know.
 
BBA said:
Hey man...no problem, ignorance is bliss you know.

You're calling ME igorant? I think you have "giant e-penis, small real penis" disorder. Does it make you feel better about yourself to threadcrap, call people ignorant, and bash their high-end last-gen cards?

Seriously, people with 6800ultras and 850xtpe really don't need to upgrade this time around. Not yet at least. Maybe later into 2006, but not now. Unless they have 2405fpw's :D

EDIT: to avoid being flamed because of my last statement, many people choose to have the latest & greatest for the fun of upgrading, and the challenge of staying on top of the hardware game. I've done this too. But from a pure gaming perspective, the top end of the last generation of cards should continue to more than enough for some time to come. :D
 
Dude, your talking to someone who has been playing on an X800XT since it came out. We are at a point where the X8xx series is just not going to cut it, and thats coming soon.

Your artwork is great, I already said that.

I am just trying to relay to you that the 7800GT is way better than an X850, and SLi 7800GT is even more so.

In fact, it's so much better... it's even worth buying. It's a jump getting into PCI-E systems, means new board, cpu and video.

But you, you don't even have to buy it, you have it for free!!! Who could ask for more? Why would that mean you had an e-penis, your not going to brag (wait, you are bragging, in two seperate posts on the same subject even)

Look, all you need to get is a new 939 pin cpu and your rockin, those are pretty darn cheap too. (Personally I recommend a dual core, and you can even get one for just a little over $300.)

I don't see why your so bent out of shape over my posts, you are taking this all out of context.

I am just recommending you use the SLi setup because you have it. Making comments like "it's not much better than my current setup" when you have an X850 Pro (hacked to XT) is plain out of the scope of credibility, thats all I am trying to relay.
 
BBA said:
the 7800GT is way better than an X850

Better, yes. "Way" better, and worth upgrading for....that's your opinion.

BBA said:
We are at a point where the X8xx series is just not going to cut it, and thats coming soon.

are we at it? Or is it coming soon? either way, THAT is out of the scope of credibility my friend.

Besides, I already sold the cards...for more than you can buy a brand new from newegg :D Gotta love ebay.

I might go dual core, that isn't completely out of the question right now. But I'll more than likely save the extra cash for the next upgrade when the next round of x2's & opty's & video cards come out.

This thread should be locked.....I've had enough :rolleyes:
 
1c3d0g said:
/me still patiently awaits a 1920x1200 version of your wallpaper... ;)

workin' on it...

I'm going to need one for my FW900 anyway :D
 
Heh, personally I would've kept the new mobo and one of the GT's. Sold the rest of the old system parts you don't need, and use those funds to get your new monitor etc.

Too late now though? xD
 
.::MAGE::. said:
Nothing better than 2 free vid cards much like free food :)

How bout some free food for your vid cards?
I know a great way to make pasta :p
 
Please dude, with a picture like that, who wouldnt toot their own horn. Correct me if i am wrong but thats $1000 grand prize. Good job, you deserve that. :cool:
 
Back
Top