I was afraid this would happen

digital_exhaust

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - May 2008
And it did.... I'm pretty sure my borg has been shut down. It was a good run there for a while, but I haven't had any production for two days, and I don't think I will any time soon.

Every single wu I have turned in over the last 10 months or so have been from computers that have been crunching at the clinic my wife used to work for. When she left, the machines were left on auto pilot (aka the classic client set as a service.. with their permission of course). They have been 100% rock solid and reliable, no maintenance, nothing. And now, over the last couple of weeks, based on the stats from Stanford, I'm down to 10 clients out of 20... and two days with nothing is a bit alarming. I have to assume that they have a new IT person that decided that the service did not need to run any longer.....

This sucks... I really hoped this day would never come. I don't know when I'll be able to scrape a few boxen together to fold, but believe me... when I can, I will. I've still got this GTS260 sitting here waiting for the rest of the pieces parts I need, and when I can finally get them together, I will. Won't be much, but something is better than nothing.

Just figured I would share what's going on with d_e.

Beers and tamales all.... Fold On!!

And it did.... I'm pretty sure my borg has been shut down. It was a good run there for a while, but I haven't had any production for two days, and I don't think I will any time soon.

Is this computer set for -advmethods or big work units ?

Right now, all my uni-processsor cliets are getting project 2493
It is worth 905 points and is very large.
Takes a Core 2 Quad over 2 days, so a slower system may be 4 or 5 days.

Good Luck.

Man, I hope this isn't the case. Like Evil mentioned, you might just have a few large packets that it's crunching on.

Your wife wouldn't be able to check on the service would she, to verify that it's running?

Hope it is just the big ones.

Otherwise we have to find you ppd somewhere digi.

My wife no longer works for the clinic... they agreed to leave the clients running when she left about 10 months ago and they have been 100% solid since then. I checked again this morning and I still haven't turned anything in..... not good....

whats he got first of all, then well go from there

^^
Great idea Kendrak. I'm sure that I can help out if we get a list worked up.

OT - Did Kendrak buy the i7 off of nitrobass?? If I had been on here earlier that would never have happened. :p

OT - Did Kendrak buy the i7 off of nitrobass?? If I had been on here earlier that would never have happened. :p

Maybe :D

Look for quality 2nd hand products from you friendly neighborhood Kendrak that will be decommissioned soon.

OT:

Digi, let us know what you have so we can fill in the blanks.
Unless it is an Apple II sitting in the garage, we will just start from scratch then ;)

Wow... thanks guys!

I'm 90% good to go. I have a GTS250 and a home for it, but what I'm needing is a reliable PSU. The only ones I have around are really old 20 pin 500w units that I don't really trust.... I can run it nekkid so a case is not really a "need". Any pointers as to what I should look for? I can probably dig up an oldish Thermaltake PP500... would that do?

I still have a 4850 running in my main boxen but the last time I tried to fold on it, it was super unstable, overheating and crashing constantly. If any of you have any tips as to what I can do to get it stable, I will get that folding asap.

Let me know what you think.... and thanks for the support guys!!

I talked to lassiter after the million dollar race was over, and he declined the Earthwatts 430 that I had offered to the winner. Would that be strong enough to hold that 250, or is it minimum 500 watts? If you need the 430, its yours Digital. Just tell me where to send it to via PM.

Ax

Well.... the box says it needs a minimum of 450w and XFX recommends 630w. I have access to that TT 500w psu but I'm not sure if it's solid enough to power the card 24/7. This boxen is going to have to replace my wife's main boxen, so it will see some daily usage in addition to folding. Mostly internet shit, nothing too serious....

What do you guys think?

No overclock (yet), 4g ram, 320g sata HD.... and to be honest, I'd have to pull the hsf off of the cpu to find out exactly what it is... I know it's a Core2Duo of some sort, just can't remember which one:confused:

That's it. I want to keep it as bare bones as possible while still usable daily for my wife... she's using a 7 year old Dell right now, and she's not too happy about that soooo......

You'll be fine. the EA430 provides 34A on the 12V rail- Your good to go!

I ran a Q6600 (3.0) and a 9600gt on a EA380.

Good deal... okay, so I'll get this thing stuffed together this weekend and see what we get. Gotta get to work here pretty soon, but as soon as I have the thing together I'll let you guys know and we'll see what needs to be done to optimize things...

Thanks again guys... your great, but you know that!!

I've run a gtx260 and a Q6600 off a EA430 with room to spare.

They put the PSU requirements as based off of the worse PSUs on the market. (like the 500 watt PSU that come with a case but shouldn't be trusted past 300 watts)

Good deal... okay, so I'll get this thing stuffed together this weekend and see what we get. Gotta get to work here pretty soon, but as soon as I have the thing together I'll let you guys know and we'll see what needs to be done to optimize things...

Thanks again guys... your great, but you know that!!

YHPM requesting a place to ship that EA430 if you need it.

Ax

EA430 enroute to your location, Digital. Just dropped it off at the Post Office. ;)

Guys... I honestly don't know what to say here. Your support is amazing and so appreciated!

I think I'm good running case less for now floggle, but thank you so much for the offer.

As far as an OS is concerned, I still have a valid Vista license. It's an x86 version, which should do fine, although this is an x64 boxen... but in all honesty, I don't really think that's going to make any difference to my wife, it's what she's been using for the last couple of years.

What I will need is advice and some guidance... I have never ran the nvidia client before, most of my experience is with the classic client.

So... as soon as I get this thing running, be ready, casue I'm gonna have questions:)

Thanks again guys.... I can't say it enough. This team is truly special, it really is!

With Vista the licenses are the same for x86 and x64. You can use your x86 key with no problem if you have a x64 install disk. If you don't you can find the iso on torrent sites pretty easy. That's what I did.

With Vista the licenses are the same for x86 and x64. You can use your x86 key with no problem if you have a x64 install disk. If you don't you can find the iso on torrent sites pretty easy. That's what I did.

I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thank you for pointing that out.

Ya know, I used to be one of those guys in the OS forum kicking up dirt and staring shit over the whole Vista/XP thing... I guess age is starting to cause the old memory vault to rust up a bit. Well, it's either age or the scotch, not sure which;)

Thanks again flogge, appreciate it!

Damn, late to the party. Need anything not covered yet?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I think I'm covered, but thanks Vaulter, if I come up short here, I'll let ya know. And again, advice is what I'll need, but I somehow think that won't be a problem.

THANK YOU AX!!

Mail man just dropped the PSU you sent out on Friday, in perfect condition!!

Should have things up and running by Thursday, should make a great Thanksgiving:)

Thanks again Ax, beers and tamales!!!

Hummmm...... strange. It seems that somehow, magically, I turned in about 1200 points yesterday:)

I'm tellin' ya, this place is amazing, it really is.

Shit.... now Stanford is showing me as no longer active. Dammit.

I'm still here, things have been a little nutty around here but I have all the parts I need, and should have this new boxen up and crunching by early next week....

Shit.... now Stanford is showing me as no longer active. Dammit.

I'm still here, things have been a little nutty around here but I have all the parts I need, and should have this new boxen up and crunching by early next week....

its all good man.. take your time.. its not like stanfords going to delete your account or anything.. i mean hell my account from 5 years ago is still there and i dont even use it..

Back