I want to share my internet with another pc w/o a router or hub etc.

Maver1ck

n00b
Here is the thing:

I have internet cable connected from my cable modem to a pc (winxp pro) with a usb cable. I want to connect a laptop to it using the ethernet card on the laptop (winxp home) and the ethrnet card on the pc. I do the set local area network on the pc with internet stating its the one directly connected and I do the same thing with the laptop but I state its connected to internet under another pc. I reboot both and nothing happens. The laptop has wireless lan and the normal ethernet and I have several unplugged devices in the taskbar same with the pc, I tried each ethernet card separately and they work fine, but I cant get to share the internet on the big pc on to the laptop. I have a router and when I connect the laptop my isp pops up and states I have to call them and have them charge me for the extra connection. Any ideas or things I can do this is really important :/ .

How can I use my router to connect to the internet but void my isp so I can use the internet?

1. Plug your laptop into the PC using a crossover ethernet cable.

2. Get into Network Connections on your desktop.

3. Select your USB -> Modem connection and your Desktop -> Laptop connection at the same time by holding down Control.

4. Right-click on one of them and click Bridge Connections.

"should work"

Originally posted by Maver1ck
How can I use my router to connect to the internet but void my isp so I can use the internet?

Cable modem connected to Router then connect computers.

I just replied to another post and it seemed they don't have a router but a switch or hub. Are you sure your router is a router? If it is a router it will give the computers both an internal IPs and not a public IP. IE: Public IP would be 62.157.0.153 machine 1 would be 192.168.0.100 and machine 2 would be 192.168.0.101. With this your only using one IP from your ISP.

Back