I want to not have to use my CDs for games anymore... how do I do it?

pbXassassinX1524

[H]ard|Gawd
hey guys, like the title I'm sick of having my perfectly good (sometimes slightly older) games being wrecked because I can't install them anymore because of wrecked disks. How can I take an image of the disk (copy protection granting) and run the game off that image?

Also, will games that load from the Cd all the time such as GTA3 run better then it normally would running it from the HD?

I use Alcohol 120% myself. Its not free, but its a good investment (there is a free trial). It allows you to copy CDs make ISOs etc, and it will also create virtual CD drives that you can mount those images in.

And they do run faster from HD than CD.

I also use Alcohol 120%. Some things you should know are that not all games can be mounted on a Virtual Drive, mostly this is the newer games and updates with Alcohol usually fix this. The image file for the games you mount on your HD will be large so you need lots of free space, typically about 700mb-1gig per game. Your load times will be faster off of the HD as long as it is a fast drive.

There are games, not too many yet but increasing, that absolutely will not run if there is any such imaging program anywhere on your hard disk, even if you are using the original CD for the current game.

Take that into consideration while doing this- check all the games you want to play before commiting your entire collection to virtual CD's.

No problems with Daemon Tools here. Games run much smoother for me from the HD, rather than the disc.

Back