• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I want to fold...

obyj34

Gawd
Joined
Nov 18, 2003
Messages
742
How do I know if I can fold under my ISP? Tehy already don't like me since I had an http server going and that was against my TOS, and I really don't want to switch providers. Any ideas?
 
Folding has a small bandwidth.
I can't imagine it would even make a dent in your monthly bandwidth useage.
 
I have eight machines folding and the only time they are on the internet is while they are download and uploading work units, maybe a total of 10 minutes a day.

Your ISP won't notice that small of an amount of time.

FOLD ON :D
 
I had my main computer folding when at school in the dorms. They had a page to view the traffic you had done in the past 24 hours (and they had rate limiting too, so we couldn't suck up TOO much of the free bandwidth :) )

Your ISP definitely won't complain about folding. I'd wager to say AIM does more traffic than folding does...so unless they yelled at you for using AIM... :p

Get that box folding!
 
Folding is not a server at all. It is totally in the realm of client usage. I don't see why they would have a problem.
 
M11 said:
Folding is not a server at all. It is totally in the realm of client usage. I don't see why they would have a problem.

M11?
The M11?

Welcome. :D
 
Excelent, ran it today, still very little use on my LAN. Feels good to be a member of the [H]orde. Hopefully soon I'll get my other comps going too (damn IDE cable broke :mad: )
 
Back
Top