I want Serious sam 2!

Ron1jed

Supreme [H]ardness
I can't wait for this game. Finaly a fun game. They better bring back the coop.

I liked the original, it's great fun playing co-op with friends. I don't like repeating the levels though, so painfully boring second time around.

isn't serious sam the only PC game with co-op?

halo would have been but they foobar'd the port of that.
(yes lets just remove the most popular multiplayer mode from the xbox)

Halo for the PC had co-op... they said so in many interviews.

Oh, wait... "co-op" to them meant "team deathmatch".

Blah.

Deviationer said:
isn't serious sam the only PC game with co-op?
No but it is one of the only few. I used to play Raven Shield co-op and it is fun.

You could even run split screen modes, and they made there own engine from scratch.... for a $20 game. Awesomeness.

I think serious sam is the best coop game ever. Unreal is a close second maybe. I dunno. Unreal stoned is the best game ever.

Just so you know, SS2 is a AAA game, which means $50 price tag. In doing this, they increased it to 21 levels or something ridiculous. I hope the gameplay can stretch out that long because the first one was just about right IMO.

I'll buy it the day it gets released. I enjoyed the first one and the Second Encounter, I played them for a VERY long time. I just reinstalled TSE because I got bored while studying. Such a fun series! :D

Why dont they call the new one Serious Sam 3? When i saw the thread title i figured it had come out a couple years ago (actually i was thiniking of Second Encounter)

Yeah I have to say that I am looking forward to this release more than any other. There's just isn't anything else like Serious Sam co-op.

I personally hope Sam has a little bit more dialogue. ;)

NOLF2 has coop, but not nearly as seamless as SSTSE. I hope SS2 is as good in coop as the last one was.

I am pumped up for this game. Aaaawwww the memories of SSE at a LAN, playing and playing until the server finally gave in and locked up. Good times!

I got some playtime with Serious Sam 2 this weekend and I didn't think it was anywhere near the same game. It didn't have the same hordes of guys running at me, and the weapons seemed just kind of meh. There is WAY more dialogue and more quick quotes by the main character.

Maximus825 said:
I got some playtime with Serious Sam 2 this weekend and I didn't think it was anywhere near the same game. It didn't have the same hordes of guys running at me, and the weapons seemed just kind of meh. There is WAY more dialogue and more quick quotes by the main character.

Isn't that going to be hard to get playtime in on a game that won't be released until Oct 10th, 2005?

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/257742.asp

I just played serous sam one. I love killing those bulls. Can't wait to see the pysics engine. I saw it in a video alittle bit. Looks sweet.

SS2 looks awesome. I can't wait. I actually bought both of the originals, and I can say I would have paid more than $20 each for them both. Although the $20 helped make the initial purchase easier to make. I doubt I would have shelled out $50 without playing it first.

I really want to play SS2!
:D

the@ntipop said:
Just so you know, SS2 is a AAA game, which means $50 price tag. In doing this, they increased it to 21 levels or something ridiculous. I hope the gameplay can stretch out that long because the first one was just about right IMO.

SS1 and SS:SE were never $50, and neither will SS2 be, when its released.

Serious Sam 2 will be released this fall for a budget price of $29.99 on PC and $39.99 on Xbox

Source: http://www.shacknews.com/extras/2005/081505_sam2_1.x

Back