I want one of these in my house... and I will (once I have my own house)!!

RavinDJ

Supreme [H]ardness
sooo nice... and not bad... only $499 a piece :D

rack1.jpg
rack2.jpg

Haha yea don't we all. Try to score one for free or cheaper tho. For now a shelf in the basement closet will do for my network equipment heh.

Nah, those aint anything compared to our $4500 SUN racks ;)
(yes they actually paid that much for racks, 2 of them actually)

IMG_1182.jpg

while not a dell or a compaq.. for 50$ i couldn't pass it up *it doesn't have any of them servers in it anymore either.. their all different.. new pics soon

last computer show we were at, we had the van, i had the FIFTEEN dollars that a server rack similar to that one cost. i still don't understand why my father didn't want me to get it... those things are residential bragging rights and for 15 who in their right mind wouldn't want to get one???

r00k said:
last computer show we were at, we had the van, i had the FIFTEEN dollars that a server rack similar to that one cost. i still don't understand why my father didn't want me to get it... those things are residential bragging rights and for 15 who in their right mind wouldn't want to get one???

:eek: $15?!?! That's outrageous!! :eek:

... I paid $10. :p Gotta love that government surplus.

We got out two HUGE racks from Dell for free. We just had to convince them that if we had Dell racks then we would be more inclined to fill them up with Dell servers, which we did.

mine cost 50$ but it came with 2 static shelves, 2 1u power strips and the keyboard drawer..

*plus the optional sides, front door and the wheel/dolly cart it sits on.

$10? sheesh, I got my heavy duty one with power strips (on casters no less) for free. Westinghouse was dumping it.

big daddy fatsacks said:
liar :mad: i was curious to see how the hell one mounts stuff on a 1-post rack. but you've got a 2-poster. false advertising. ;)

Hahaha... it is a 1-post rack. It's just split into 2 at the bottom :D

Back