I want it on 11! how do I crank the volume higher?

G'ßöö

[H]ard|Gawd
sometimes I find my output not loud enough. does anyone know how to get a bit more volume from some software? I listen to mp3's through winamp, xp pro, an audigy 2 sound card and a 6.1 creative labs speaker setup. all settings are maxed. thnx

i have the same problem on my gaming laptop, its some limit by the sound card drivers i think.

There are plenty of different ways. Run the output to your stereo receiver is a good one.

If you want a separate system for your computer, hit the yard sales for a decent receiver and speakers, if you don't use headphones. You should be able to find a decent old Pioneer or Technics for cheap.

I used to rock my computer through my band's PA, since I lived in our practice space. Nothing like a pair of 15" 2-way speakers on either side of you, and audio chat through a SM-58 mic with plenty of EQ and effect choices.

If you're made of money, you could get a killer pair of studio monitors Like these JBLs

Edit: Did you want to use your existing speakers? I got nothin' for ya.

Could buy a car stereo pre amp, and run them through there, you're going to need to get a custom 12vold lead out of the psu though to power the pre amp, you can get a home theatre one but i believe they cost alot more, or get a reciever with a pre amp in it, but will probably cost more than your speakers cost. Make sure you're not splitting your outputs and could always try a shorter run or a wire with less resistance or impedance whatever it's called, but it won't be much louder. Play around with your creative drivers also, EAX can boost sound with certain effects, That CMSS 3d feature might be setup wrong check that. Basically if you want louder output you should look into better speakers not your pre amplified output. If your speakers are all the way up and aren't loud it's probably your speakers. Just watch out for distortion because that will blow your speakers plenty fast.

ya gotta love forums when people just go off telling ya something, failing to really read what you're asking for. SOFTWARE wankers! maybe that input will help someone else tho. uG! :rolleyes:

G'ßöö;1030473188 said:
ya gotta love forums when people just go off telling ya something, failing to really read what you're asking for. SOFTWARE wankers! maybe that input will help someone else tho. uG! :rolleyes:

ya gotta love forums when the OP won't listen to valid advice :rolleyes:

"Basically if you want louder output you should look into better speakers not your pre amplified output."

He's right. Software won't help you with more power, if anything you'll get a distorted mess. You need an amp or better speakers, buddy.

There's only so much power output you can get out of the amp in your speakers / sound card. If everything is maxed, it is just that. Maxed. It means you can't go any louder with your current setup.

ya gotta love forums when the OP won't listen to valid advice :rolleyes:

"Basically if you want louder output you should look into better speakers not your pre amplified output."

He's right. Software won't help you with more power, if anything you'll get a distorted mess. You need an amp or better speakers, buddy.

that was uncalled for, buddy. I clearly state software as anyone with an asshole and a elbow knows that given advice. now go play in traffic

There's only so much power output you can get out of the amp in your speakers / sound card. If everything is maxed, it is just that. Maxed. It means you can't go any louder with your current setup.
thnx..I thought maybe someone knows something but was sure "max'd is max'd". mp3's @ 320 are just fine its the shitty ones I was trying to get louder. will just look for better quality

G'ßöö;1030473188 said:

nvm, but I do got to say calling us wankers wont get you any help at all!

Well if it's just mp3's you want louder, just reencode them and run a filter on it to amplifiy the songs, make note when you amplify over 100% you are clipping the source and is going to clip everything after it. But yes some mp3 are encoded at like 73% of their maximum volume if there is a really high noise sometimes this happens on tracks.

Look into Adobe Audition i believe it's called or is that for dvd's... Adobe has some sound program they bought 3 years back and you can create batch files with it, and with a little look you can get a filter built that won't clip your mp3s then run the batch on your whole mp3 collection and it will maximize your mp3's to their loudest volume.

Oh otherwise just get a program to normalize them, guess that would be 10 steps easier than the above approach but you have total control over the top one. There are tons of programs that will normailze your whole collection and do a fairly good job.

MP3Gain is a good normaliser (you'll want to increase the target volume). You could look into an audio compressor plug-in for Winamp too (if volume is more important than quality).

good info, thnx....where were you guys :D

sorry all but off topic runs rampant. if I wanted hardware to boost sound I wooda known what to do. it does state software =) sorry honey I still love you. you know who you are. cheers!

Should've been more clear on just mp3's i was thinking software as in the volume control that windows has.

Winamp and most mp3 players have equalizers just turn the master volume up 20% higher.

If you wanted a good answer sooner, you'd have said:

"Some of my mp3s are good and loud, but others are too quiet, even with volume maxed."

simple as that...

Back