• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I want a GT!

oozish

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 27, 2003
Messages
1,465
Dammit I can't find one! This is freakin' ridiculous!

Edit: In stock at a local store!
 
outpost.com is really instock? That means I'll get it and it's not backordered right!? I'm about to take the plunge!
 
the BFG at outpost is definitely NOT in stock. i just called and tried to get one.
 
tranCendenZ said:
Best off to call any of the above sites before ordering. But those are three you can try as they list as being in stock on the site.

eVGA has cards, I know that:
http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?Part_Number=256-A8-N344-AX
^^
this you will get for sure

All very tempting....but what I really want is these cards in stock at these places..especially bb, so I can just pick it up and put it on 6 months interest free or something. But I'm about to get it if these don't show up soon cause I'm going crazy waiting...

:)
 
BFG stated in another thread Fry's might be getting their 6800GTs in store soon.

If you don't want to wait go with the eVGA link, they have plenty in stock and are a great company. Plus you get Far Cry free.
 
tranCendenZ said:
BFG stated in another thread Fry's might be getting their 6800GTs in store soon.

If you don't want to wait go with the eVGA link, they have plenty in stock and are a great company. Plus you get Far Cry free.

Well, I already have FC so that's not such great incentive. My brain tells me that if I wait a bit the online deals will get better...but I'm really partial to that BFG, so I might just buy one. Either way, I've decided I'm going with Nvidia and getting the Ultra or the GT....If I go to a store and they had either one, I'd get whichever was there.

If I buy online, at this point I'd get the BFG, but I haven't decided to get the ultra or GT...I only run at just over 3ghz, tho I plan to upgrade my cpu in a while (a year?)....so the Ultra would come in handy then. Anwyay, I'd be a sucker for a quick buy If I saw this at a BB or compusa, i'll tell you that--especially considering the 0% financing for a few months if that's still going on (I think it is at BB at least).

This has got to be the most hyped, frustrating, crazy release of a video card I can ever remember, especially since I've been hangin' out way to much on these forums, lol.
 
tranCendenZ said:

Congratulations! You order #GVE124389 has been successfully processed.
**********************************
You may check the status of your order anytime by login in your Gameve account.

If you have additional questions about your order, please call Customer Service, Monday through Friday, between 9:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. PDT, at 800-228-9395 (toll-free in the United States)

Thank you for shopping with Gameve.com

There! I'm sick of reading about everyone else's awesome performance! I bit the bullet and ordered the XFX :).

BTW, here is a pic of the XFX 6800GT:

http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/index.../show_product_info.php?code=VI-XFX6800GT-256V

And a review of the XFX 6800u for those of you interested in the company:

http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review.php?dXJsX3Jldmlld19JRD03ODk

I really like XFX and Gigabyte. Their two of the best nVidia has.
 
Good Luck! I'm sure you will love this card. I went from a Ti4200 with 64mb to this beast so it has really been a big improvement for me atleast.
 
burningrave101 said:
There! I'm sick of reading about everyone else's awesome performance! I bit the bullet and ordered the XFX :).

BTW, here is a pic of the XFX 6800GT:

http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/index.../show_product_info.php?code=VI-XFX6800GT-256V

And a review of the XFX 6800u for those of you interested in the company:

http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review.php?dXJsX3Jldmlld19JRD03ODk

I really like XFX and Gigabyte. Their two of the best nVidia has.


Wow congrats! I'm nearing your level of guts, but not there yet. I don't wanna get screwed waiting for an order to arrive and then all of a sudden see them in stores, that's my nightmare, lol.

CONGRATS MAN! I"m off to read that review. :D
 
That's nice! So in that review he basically overclocked it and it performed the same as an ultra right? I can't see buying an ultra if you can get that overclock with stability...but I guess only time will tell if the card can stabily handle the overclock with only 1 molex connector.
 
oozish said:
That's nice! So in that review he basically overclocked it and it performed the same as an ultra right? I can't see buying an ultra if you can get that overclock with stability...but I guess only time will tell if the card can stabily handle the overclock with only 1 molex connector.

No. That review covers the XFX 6800 ultra. I ordered the XFX 6800GT. I'm sure the GT will OC to at least ultra speeds though.

$405 isn't too bad for an XFX 6800GT. $399 is probably the lowest any of us are going to get a GT for a while. I doubt there will be any more $299 one day sales at Best Buy or 30% of sales at CompUSA.

And if i had to guess i would say the game bundle with the XFX 6800 GT is: Moto GP, Commandos 3, and X² - The Threat.

473/1200 is what Hexus got on the XFX 6800u. Thats higher then what they got on the watercooled Gainward 6800u.
 
burningrave101 said:
No. That review covers the XFX 6800 ultra. I ordered the XFX 6800GT. I'm sure the GT will OC to at least ultra speeds though.

$405 isn't too bad for an XFX 6800GT. $399 is probably the lowest any of us are going to get a GT for a while. I doubt there will be any more $299 one day sales at Best Buy or 30% of sales at CompUSA.

And if i had to guess i would say the game bundle with the XFX 6800 GT is: Moto GP, Commandos 3, and X² - The Threat.

473/1200 is what Hexus got on the XFX 6800u. Thats higher then what they got on the watercooled Gainward 6800u.

The watercooled Gainward comes STOCK at 470/1200.
 
I've been checking out the Leadtek since it comes with a non-reference cooler.
 
iZero said:
I've been checking out the Leadtek since it comes with a non-reference cooler.

Leadtek seems slow to market with their 6800GT, though their 6800NU is avail.
 
Hey, anyone who see's a card in store make sure to post a notice here on in the forum. I'm sure you will. Why do I have the sneaking' suspicion that we'll see some GT's in stores this weekend?
 
I decided to stop waiting for a X800, since I already sold my 9800pro a while ago. I got the 6800GT from eVga, it shipped yesterday and will be here tuesday morning. Can't wait to see how it OC's and performs. At the least, I believe it will be better than a x800pro, and close to the XT with the newer drivers. 3-5 FPS doesn't make or break a video card, when they are all turning in respectable framerates at high resolutions.

btw, if anyone in pennsylvania is waiting for Best Buy to get their X800 XT which have a shelf tag, I found a manager fellow who looked throughout the entire state region, and there are NONE, nadda in sight. He said even the distributor shows zero. I watched his inventory program as he was looking.

There is no doubt the 6800GT will be a decent alternative to waiting who knows how long.
 
dude...i wouldnt go with a leadtek NUMEROUS reports of problems with the 6800 series..when i say NUMEROUS i mean it seems like 95% of the 6800's they sell 90% are being RMA'd
 
Headbust said:
dude...i wouldnt go with a leadtek NUMEROUS reports of problems with the 6800 series..when i say NUMEROUS i mean it seems like 95% of the 6800's they sell 90% are being RMA'd
Uh, have they even sold that many yet? Could you provide a link to said problems?
 
oozish said:
Hey, anyone who see's a card in store make sure to post a notice here on in the forum. I'm sure you will. Why do I have the sneaking' suspicion that we'll see some GT's in stores this weekend?


Man, this quote should authorize me as a genuine psychic...I now own a BFG GT6800 I found at Frys' today. LOL. Talk about intuition!
 
oozish said:
Man, this quote should authorize me as a genuine psychic...I now own a BFG GT6800 I found at Frys' today. LOL. Talk about intuition!

Don't forget who mentioned that Fry's was supposed to be getting some in ;)
 
oozish said:
Man, this quote should authorize me as a genuine psychic...I now own a BFG GT6800 I found at Frys' today. LOL. Talk about intuition!

Bastard. I hope Equadorian Howler Monkeys eat your children.
 
Back
Top