I think they are doing the MW2 boycott wrong!

And is anyone certain that they actually bought the game? Is there no way to pirate it and have steam still show you playing, sort of like Xfire? I dunno...

Not sure. I've read the pirated version can be played online, the interesting thing is how will IWNet deal with this? or even spot if the version is illegitimate and what action will be taken if the pirate version curcumnavigates Steam/VAC?

the game is all over torrent sites. some of them found a way to use steam as a doorway to playing the game. so far people manage to play single player, but no multiplayer yet. so the people who has it on steam might be single player hacked versions.

poster65514220.jpg

And is anyone certain that they actually bought the game? Is there no way to pirate it and have steam still show you playing, sort of like Xfire? I dunno...

I believe you can tell who is playing the 'demo' by the '...' at the end of the title.

Last edited:
Well game made 310 Million on its first day of release....I think the vast majority of people didn't give a fuck about the Boycott and if they did, Activision sure as hell didn't notice

no because if you didn't have a genuine copy that authenticated with steam, but still added the exe, it would get tagged with [non steam game] in the title. I see people do this all the time with other games, some just like to organise them into one menu. the ones that work with steam emulators wouldn't have the community functions, xfire is different since they have nothing to do with drm.

no because if you didn't have a genuine copy that authenticated with steam, but still added the exe, it would get tagged with [non steam game] in the title. I see people do this all the time with other games, some just like to organise them into one menu. the ones that work with steam emulators wouldn't have the community functions, xfire is different since they have nothing to do with drm.

Exactly, but if you create a shortcut to a non-steam game, you can then use the overlay and Friends thing ingame, but no the community join game and invite stuff doesn't work. Everyone on that list is playing the real, steam, paid for version.

Exactly, but if you create a shortcut to a non-steam game, you can then use the overlay and Friends thing ingame, but no the community join game and invite stuff doesn't work. Everyone on that list is playing the real, steam, paid for version.

if thats the case. this is fuckin funny hahaha. im in no hurry to get the game. i wasnt a big fan of the first MW. i did play the first few religiously though.

the admin apparently is kicking them something like 18k people in that group and about 400 bought thew game i read somewhere

Well game made 310 Million on its first day of release....I think the vast majority of people didn't give a fuck about the Boycott and if they did, Activision sure as hell didn't notice

Just because they bought it does not mean they all like it, but since it is hard to sell, steam at least, lets see how many used copies start showing up in game stores.

Back