I think the MOBO is bad!

phiquach

Limp Gawd
Ok so i used to have a Pentium D 820 w/ intel mobo. I went out and got a amd 64 3500+. w/ mobo. so i pull everything out of the first system to the new one. Now here is what happens. boots up fine and stuff but when it gets to the windows loading screen, it reboots. so uh, i made 2 partitions on the drive for a back up os. ok so i boot up the back up os and get a blue screen. so i'm like wtf you knowwwwwwww. so nowwwwww i'm like ok, maybe the OS is corrupt. put in windows, do a windows repair, yada yada, ok again windows loading screen, finishes loading and reboots. SO i said the HD is bad, go get a brand new one. same thing. OK! took out processor, put it on again with paste. turn on... same thing! oh man. i think the mobo is bad guys! oh yeah, i tried at least 4 differents sticks of memory too.

I lost track in your frenetic rant, but did you ever do a clean install?

Don't use the nv drivers because they are widely held as flawed. I know that they screw up overclocks, but it sounds like you're running stock. At any rate, I would just let the MS drivers go.

Have you tried the hard drive on a different IDE channel? With different cabling? These would be last resorts because tbh, if it gets through the entire install process without failing, it sounds like a software issue to me.

I have successfully changed motherboards without a clean re-install, but generally it's not recommended. Seems to me that your problem stems from the swap itself, not the hardware.

Oh yeah, it's probably important to tell us what the blue screen says. Or read it yourself and google. Just the fact that you got one isn't very helpful.

superkdogg said:
I lost track in your frenetic rant, but did you ever do a clean install?

Don't use the nv drivers because they are widely held as flawed. I know that they screw up overclocks, but it sounds like you're running stock. At any rate, I would just let the MS drivers go.

Have you tried the hard drive on a different IDE channel? With different cabling? These would be last resorts because tbh, if it gets through the entire install process without failing, it sounds like a software issue to me.

I have successfully changed motherboards without a clean re-install, but generally it's not recommended. Seems to me that your problem stems from the swap itself, not the hardware.

Oh yeah, it's probably important to tell us what the blue screen says. Or read it yourself and google. Just the fact that you got one isn't very helpful.

well i put a new HD and reformat and everything. The first HD was a SATA so then i used a regular IDE HD. The IDE HD just reboots after i finished the first part of windows setup. no bluescreen or anything.

Post more info and post it clearly, your first post doesn't really tell us anything (other than the fact you can't boot up into Windows).....

Have you tried googleing the error message on your blue screen when you got it. If not then write it down next time it does it, google it, and let us know what it says.

I'm assuming that because you put a new HDD in the second time that you have done a fresh install. Are you still getting the blue screen on this install?

EDIT: If you are getting no blue screen then you should be fine...

ok basically. i swaped out mobo and cpu. My HD, a sata, has 2 OS installed on it. The main os i use gets a blue screen. The second, a backup, just reboots itself after reloading the windows screen. So i popped in my windows cd and did a repair on both OS. same problem. I checked all connections and they are all good. Took out the processor, clean it, and reapplied it. I still get the same problems so i took a new HD that i have that is IDE and install windows. It reboots after the windows loading screen, same as before. I changed the RAM thinking it could be the ram and didn't change anything. i also tried swapping out the RAM sticks and still the same problem.

DCAM0034.jpg

Here's the stop code info:
This issue may occur if a system thread generates an exception that the error handler does not catch. This may occur if one or more of the following conditions exist: • If this issue occurs after the first restart during Windows Setup, or after Setup is finished, the computer may not have sufficient hard disk space to run Windows.

• If this issue occurs after the first restart during Windows Setup, or after Setup is complete, the computer BIOS may be incompatible with Windows.
• Incompatible video adapter drivers.
• Damaged RAM.
• A damaged device driver or system service.
• If the issue is associated with the Win32k.sys file, it may be caused by a third-party remote control program.

Sounds like your best bet would to be update the BIOS to the newest version.

You say you've checked the RAM, so if the BIOS flash doesn't solve it, its prob a driver issue, so do a clean install and install drivers cautiously to isolate which one is causing the problem

Oh and you do have enough disk space, right?

pharzo said:

You say you've checked the RAM, so if the BIOS flash doesn't solve it, its prob a driver issue, so do a clean install and install drivers cautiously to isolate which one is causing the problem

i can't even install drivers. The windows setup (the first part where you pick directory and stuff) installs and works fine. Then after that it is suppose to go to the windows installation screen (where you put in the cd key). well, it never gets to that screen. It just reboots after the windowns loading screen.

pharzo said:

Google - It's a wonderful thing :)

phiquach said:
i can't even install drivers. The windows setup (the first part where you pick directory and stuff) installs and works fine. Then after that it is suppose to go to the windows installation screen (where you put in the cd key). well, it never gets to that screen. It just reboots after the windowns loading screen.

Reboots to the blue screen right?

Not just reboots as if it seems to be starting the process again where it asks you to press a key to boot from cd? :rolleyes:

Source said:
Reboots to the blue screen right?

Not just reboots as if it seems to be starting the process again where it asks you to press a key to boot from cd? :rolleyes:

with the new HD, there is no blue screen. When the windows loading screen finishes it reboots the computer. So back to the beginning where it checks memory and all that. it just keeps doing this over and over

phiquach said:
with the new HD, there is no blue screen. When the windows loading screen finishes it reboots the computer. So back to the beginning where it checks memory and all that. it just keeps doing this over and over

Do you press 'any key' to boot from CD again when it does this? :rolleyes:

Had to make sure dude, you never know ;)

So it completes the first part of installation, then tries to start the process all over again?

What motherboard are you using and have you tried to update the BIOS?

The 0xc0000005 code seems to be related to the HDD from what I gather looking at the error codes on Microsoft. Although this code references errors with disk defragmenting..

Maybe your mobo isn't communicating with your HDD as it should???

Source said:
Had to make sure dude, you never know ;)

So it completes the first part of installation, then tries to start the process all over again?

What motherboard are you using and have you tried to update the BIOS?

The 0xc0000005 code seems to be related to the HDD from what I gather looking at the error codes on Microsoft. Although this code references errors with disk defragmenting..

Maybe your mobo isn't communicating with your HDD as it should???

the bios is updated and still has the problem... using a ECS RX480-a. i think its the mobo because IDE and SATA hd not working.

phiquach said:
the bios is updated and still has the problem... using a ECS RX480-a. i think its the mobo because IDE and SATA hd not working.

If everything is connected correctly and considering the fact that you have tried two seperate HDD's in the rig in an attempt to install Windows, it may be worth considering returning the mobo to the retailer and detailing the problems to them and ask to exchange to a compatable mobo from a different manufacturer. You have abviously tried reseating the CPU and have used different RAM modules, the mobo seams to be the most likely suspect, unless somebody can suggest anything else???

lol i returned the mobo and got another one... same god damn problems! i'm going to try to switch the vid card... see if that helps

uh... i put in a diff vid card, put in another HD, works fine.... WHY! maybe this ATI board don't like my NVIDIA card?!? i had a 7800GTX in there, replaced it with a x800xl... lame... i'm going to try to switch it after i install everything

ah the problem came back!!! damn this is frustrating!!! you guys think maybe.. it could be a processor problem?!?!

just take the board back for a diff vendor... or go buy a new ATI card, depends on who is really in charge here.

Back