I think my PSU is dead.....

wilson502

Limp Gawd
Well, I think my PSU is dead.... This is the 2nd TIME!, ive gotten a Forton/Sparkle PSU and was DOA. My brothers machine had a 530W forton, dead. My new cousins computer i got a 460 W Sparkle EPS, i think its a dud. I took the PSU home with me plugged it into the motherboard, just the 24 pin an 4 pin, i had adapters. The motherboard light wouldnt light up at all. So i tried shorting the green pin, with a black pin, and pplugged it in. nothing. This PSU has No On/off switch. I thought it was the mobo shorting out, but i installed those cardboard washers, and that didnt work either. I must have bad luck for getting dud PSUs, ill just go to PCclub and get an Enermax supply,and RMA this one.

guess so...man what a unlucky fellow, sorry about those D:, better get something good now :D

It does sound dead.

The lesson to learn here is simple.

Buy only top quality power supplies because the power supply is a crucial component in your computer. It's definitely not something to skimp on.

ya it sucks, my antec 350W crapped out after a year. Does Forton/Sparkle have a major problem with DOA PSUs cause this is the 2nd time this has happend, and i got this PSU from Monarch, and the forton i got from newegg. Ill go to PCClub here in town and grab a Enermax noisetaker PSU, with dual 12V+ rails.

alysenne said:
It does sound dead.

The lesson to learn here is simple.

Buy only top quality power supplies because the power supply is a crucial component in your computer. It's definitely not something to skimp on.
Everyone raves here about how great Forton/Sparkle PSUs are. They say they are workhorses and underrated, ya they work good, if you get one that works, i dont think ill ever buy a Forton/Sparkle PSU ever again.

Hmm...

Actually, I'd say something is really weird here. Or else you're really unlucky and the power supply god has cursed you.

It seems like you are burning through a lot of PSU's somehow and many are quality PSU's. I wouldn't necessary say that Enermax is better than the ones you've been using. Antec is a great PSU manufacturer.

I've never, ever had a PSU die on me before. It's not a common thing to have good PSU's die.

Maybe you are doing something very different and have different power requirements? Or maybe there is something wrong with your house electricity? Or maybe you're using poor quality powerstrips?

i tried the PSU at my house and at my grandmothers house, same thing. It was both those PSUs i mentioned were DOA.

Back