I Think is a "Noob" question...

jrcairo

Weaksauce
Long story short (and my English is not that good anyways :rolleyes: :D )
I have DSL (From Bell South) and I've decided to build a wireless home network (just two computers). My problem is after I hook it up everything, I cant access anything related with Microsoft, ex: Messenger, Windows Update, even my Hotmail through my Outlook or Outlook Express, or any of the Microsoft Websites and Newegg too (these are the only two sites I've notice so far), everything else is fine. BUT when I take the wireless router out, everything goes back to normal, anyone could help a brother out? :cool:
My Wireless Router is from DLink, Model DI-624
Thanks in advance....

DragonNOA1 said:
Check for IP address conflicts. How do you have it all setup?
Dude, I really don't know if I did right, lets see;
From wall to dsl modem, from dsl modem to wireless router, from that, i used a wire to my main computer and, the other computer is connected by those usb adapter card (it does not make any difference if the other computer is on or off), I'm not being able to access the stuff I mentioned above from both computers, the only way that I can access is if I remove the wireless router (but then, of course the second computer wont have internet at all)
Thanks

DragonNOA1 said:
Check for IP address conflicts. How do you have it all setup?
And if I'm not asking too much; how can I check for IP conflicts?

jrcairo said:
And if I'm not asking too much; how can I check for IP conflicts?

did you configure your router?

to check for ip conflicts: Start - Run - type "cmd" - in command promt type "ipconfig" to see if you have the same ip on both machines.

This might help...

I set up AOhell using a UK DSL line.. and was getting blocked to soo many odd sites... it turns out, a setting on the dlink router was wrong for the supplier the setting was called MTU and 'apperently' sometimes it is too high (trying to remember this from a aol help page)

Check from your dsl supplier to see what that figure should be.... I distinctly remember it blocking MS, and i think half of the dlink site

The MTU figure was just in the normal hardware config pages of the router

Back