I think I'm Ready..

Nice deal on those parts although it might be a bit overwhelmed by a CPU and GPU. For now though that's a very impressive loop for the price.

Theres a hardware store close to where I live. Clamps are available there right?

Chances are you'll be able to find them; there's actually a thread on it here called "finding clamps locally" or something like that. Also, look into a water additive to prevent stuff from growing in your loop.

nice value setup. not a bad price at all.

clamps can be found at your hardware store like you mentioned... i like to use two zip ties per barb personally

I've had disasterous results with zip ties :D.

If you want to avoid some additive, a little dish detergent and some listerine (2.5% listerine, and maybe like, 1/2 a teaspoon of detergent for a loop WITH a res, maybe 1/4 for a Tline setup?) will "wet" the water and prevent growth.

you should be able to find some hose clamps or worm drives at the local hardware store if you arent comfortable with zip ties ;) and id pick up a BIP II from directron since its not much more and can handle a gpu if you decide to add one to the loop

I'll get the clamps and zip ties at the store. I was going to use water with anti freeze in the loop.

I don't think my motherboard came with a backplate... and I need one to use the block. Is the block going to warp the motherboard or something. Can I use washers instead?

Back