I think I might be getting trolled

[BB] Rick James

[H]ard Dawg
Hey guys,

I recently made a trade with a guy in Canada. I shipped the items first to him since I don't have a lot of online trading experiences. So it takes a month to get to him since the strike is going on with Canada; which was fine. So the guy gets the items and says that I misrepresented myself and he isn't paying me anything or returning the items until he can figure out what they are worth.

I sold/sent him a P4 2.4C and an Abit IC7-G Max II motherboard. Something on the motherboard went bad so I RMA'd; while I was RMA'ing it purchased my current system. So when I got the RMA'd IC7-G back I really didn't use it. I put it in a rig and fired her up to make sure she worked and everything. It did and I pretty much left it at that. Never really used that rig and it was mainly off all the time. My buddies would poke around on the internet with it but that's about it.

So when I sold the items to this guy in Canada I told the story and basically said the motherboard was like new and the P4 was slightly used and overclocked. So he gets the hardware immediatly says I misrepresented myself. So I reply with how? He says there was some thermal past on the board ( :rolleyes: ) and he says there was "some, as in hardly any" dust around the PS2 ports. He also said some cables were missing; which there were so I agreed to take some money off for the missing cables.

I'm asking for $170.00 for this set up and this guy won't fricking agree with NOR will he give me a price he feels he should pay.

What should I do? I've offered to send him money so he can return the parts to me if he wants; but he keeps saying shit like this:

Look, I don't want an argument on this, and with every little poke by you at me I'm getting a little angrier. Please take a day or two to calm the hell down.

XXXX
For the quote above this is the email I sent him:
XXXX,
I'm just trying to give options as to what we can do to get this resolved. I'd really like this resolved as quickly as possible. I can't wait around for ever so you can make up your mind. Lets please try to bring this to a close.

Thanks,
Look buddy, I have better things to do right now, and I did email you yesterday (Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 07:50:29) look at the times in our correspondance. I am still contemplating my options. I'll let you knw what I decide when I decide

What do you guys think?

he's being completely unreasonable. Exactly WHAT is he unhappy with? It sounds like you may have a buyer who intends to troll you, so first thing he does is accuse you of trolling to panic you and put you on the defensive. Sadly I may be in the same spot, I hope not. You have offered to send $ for shipping cost back, you've asked him how much of a "discount" he should get becuase you misrepresented yourself (and I don't have a clue as to what that was) what else can you do? This shouldn't be a hard, time consuming decision to make on his part....

I would email him back, link him to this thread, and see what his response is. If eveything you posted is accurate and you didn't leave anything pertinant out, then my vote is that this guy is either being a real unreasonable ass or he is simply trying to troll you outright. :eek:

Thank you for your response. He thinks I mislead him because I advertised the board as being Brand new; which I kind of short of did. HOwever the board is new. It was used off and on for maybe, MAYBE 1 month (after the RMA) and then I decided to sell the CPU and motherboard.

I told him that I'd give him until Monday and then we'd talk again. I garentee that fuck is using the stuff as we speak. This is the last time I ship before I get the payment. This is just frustrating.

wtf, did he ever say that the board and cpu doesn't work?? 170.00 is a friggin steal. I can't believe this guy, whoever it is, could be so lame. Good luck though. Wish I had seen the thread.

Yeah the guy is a dingle berry. He "supposedly" sent me the money. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

this guy is so full of $#!* you can see it from canada.

tell him i said that, maybe that'll light a fire under his dirty smelly @$$, he needs it.

I just got an email from this SOB. He says that he did want to confirm with me that I got his email about him shipping the money. He then says...

I'd like to request you pay the $40.00 that I was charged at customs. i really don't feel I should have to pay for this fee

Do you guys think I'm obligated to pay $40.00 that he was charged at the boarder? Fuck this and fuck him. I really don't care of this point if I am obligated; which I'm not as far as I'm concerned. I filled out the customs forms (with the help of the postal lady that assisted me) so that he shouldn't have any fucking fees to pay. I think this fuck is trying to take me for a $40.00 ride. If he didn't send me the entire $170.00 fucking weak ass dollars I'll drive to fucking Canada myself and knock this guy the fuck out. (ok probably not) but I hope you all can feel my pain at this point.

if you want i can pm you something that will make him ruin his jeans.

if he were to mistakingly recieve a notice of hearing (means you are taking him to court) about this... well were he me i'd crap my pants something fierce.

I'd like to request you pay the $40.00 that I was charged at customs. i really don't feel I should have to pay for this fee

Greetings from Canada customs! They always try to screw us in the arse with this customs crap.
Anyway, I, having been sent stuff from the US a lot, also get charged customs, but just pay it like it was part of the deal. Why should the seller have to pay for customs, unless it's part of the agreement. Customs is just an added cost to buying from the US and I take it into consideration whenever I do deals on these forums. The seller has no obligation nor does he ever need to pay customs, since that means he's basically paying the buyer to take the stuff off his hands. If the buyer has to pay customs (like me and a cheap viewsonic tv box.. $50 customs, I hate you UPS), then it's the buyer's problem.

[BB] Rick James said:
Do you guys think I'm obligated to pay $40.00 that he was charged at the boarder?

Hell fucking no!
He knows he lives in Canada and will have customs issue. Thats his problem if he was charged. I live in Canada and I have the same thing happen to me.
Its his damn problem and tell him to stop acting like a 5 year old.

Wait a second...

You sent him the items...

Before recieving payment?

Yeah, you ain't seeing nothing outta it. He's got the board/cpu, and you got nothing. :(

[BB] Rick James said:
He thinks I mislead him because I advertised the board as being Brand new; which I kind of short of did.
If you kind of short of did and it is used, then that's misrepresentation and he is entitled to deal with that however he wants. Personally I would have slapped you with a "neutral" for lying and moved on.

However, it looks like it's way beyond that point and this guy is an obvious troll. $40 for customs? Ya he's trying to work you for another $40. Think of it as Karma catching up to you for lying. Report him to Troll Hunters and hope for the best.

1) Why did you ship first out of the country ?

2) Did he have good references ?

3) If you sold a board with dust filled in the keyboard/mouse connectors and smears of thermal paste on it advertised as NEW, he should be pissed. Anyone would be.

Not trying to take sides, but the bottom line is he got your parts, and you should get your payment, minus the deduction for the missing cables (if you promised them in the sale), and at least some concession for the board not showing up brand new (If thats the way you advertised it). You don't owe jack shit on the customs fees, and he must think your stupid if your going to absorb them. Get the most payment you can out of him, and use this as a lesson: Never cross-ship or ship first without mega references.

read the original post randyboy...

and $170 for a 2.4ghz p4 and ic7-max2 is f*cking free... they would retail for ~$250-$300 new.

this guy in canada is being a certified @$$hole. i'd start looking for a lawyer to sue his @$$ off if i were you, he's just plain nuts if he thinks it's worth less than that.

Don't bother looking to sue him unless you like giving your paychecks to lawyers.

He did not pay a penny on "customs". That is not how things work.

DO NOT ship without pre-payment.... for ANY reason, to a stranger esp.

I wish you luck here, Rick, but I am not optomistic.

there is a way to make your opponent pay your legal fees and court fees... i don't recall it tho.

Im a canadian and i know the if i bring something in from the states that is my responsibility to either pay for the fees or to bring the items in with a method that reduces them to make it worth my while. You are in no way responsible for his fees, tell the guy to ship your money (which it seems he has already) if he hasnt and that it should be all 170 of it. It should also be noted that you did misrepresent (there was a thread at anandtech about using the word "new" that i think all should read), but that is something that should be worked out between you two prehaps over a long friendly phone call. I understand how both of you would be pissed but no need to result to any kind of legal action, im sure this can be worked out in a civil manner. I wouldnt be worried he was gonna troll you unless he stopped talking.

sleepeeg3 said:
If you kind of short of did and it is used, then that's misrepresentation and he is entitled to deal with that however he wants. Personally I would have slapped you with a "neutral" for lying and moved on.

However, it looks like it's way beyond that point and this guy is an obvious troll. $40 for customs? Ya he's trying to work you for another $40. Think of it as Karma catching up to you for lying. Report him to Troll Hunters and hope for the best.

It was RMA'd and a brand new one was sent back to me. the board had NO dust on it; the guy is full of shit. the board did have some thermal past on it only from my finger though when I tested the board to make sure it booted. This guy has whored me hard.

Back