• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I think I broke it :(

Duster

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
May 4, 2002
Messages
5,838
System
shuttle SN85
3200+ A64
Saphire 9600 xt
1 gig kingston ram
sata HD

SO this morning I walk over to my computer and log out of linux and restart so I can use windows while it is posting I get a new screen that says

Updating mac address restarting

I let it sit like that for atleast 30 mins if not more (took shower and got ready for school) and it hadn't change so I hard bootedand now I get nothing no post no nothing

I assume it fried the bios i tried restting cmos pulling everything and booting with nothing but no dice

so were can i get a new bios chip?



 
If you got that message during POST, I would suggest you try to get some tech support from Shuttle. That doesn't sound like a very "normal" POST message.
 
its not... just talked to them on the phone is a sign mothboard is goign bad so it looks like it is dead :(

oh well waiting on RMA info if no go I think I will get a
BIOSTAR TForce6100

with a new vid card

 
The biostar won't fit in a Shuttle Case, unless you mean you're buying a new case too.
 
yeah Will buy a new case... I think I am done with shuttle for awhile

 
If your system is trying to load the MAC address then either:
1. Your HD is disconnected or FUBAR
2. Board is FUBAR
3. Network boot set as primary

In likelihood of occurrence. Try the other two.
 
I fried my bios doing a careful bios upgrade to my SN45G a little over a year ago. It left me without a PC for 2 weeks while the board was out to Shuttle. I am pleased to say they gave me little trouble in RMA'ing the board and only required that I send the board, not the whole barebone. It came back as a rev2 of the board I had which is notorious for problems with RAM. It's been ok for me and I still love that shuttle box, but at that moment I realized that had I gone with custom build I could have just swapped in a new board. It would have taken me only however long to buy a fresh board and get it in my system while the bad board was out with the manufacturer. Of course now I have multiple systems so it's less of an issue. One box goes out to lunch, the other picks up the slack :)
 
Yeah I can't RMA this one... been to long :(

It has also been RMA'ed twice once b/c it was DOA and a second time b/c the Motherboard went bad. I spent about an hour on the phone with there tech support and it just isn't goign to post. I have tried everything... The Tech on the phone said he is 99% sure it is bad mobo b/c of the error that it reported. He said it was a sign it was goign bad. I just hate to see the old girl go.

but check out what I am going to replace it with and see what you think
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1026373



 
Back
Top