I still use a PS/2 Keyboard.

yadnom

Limp Gawd
I have this cheap IBM PS/2 keyboard that I still use. I love it because the feel and response is perfect for me. I've tried some newer USB keyboards but can't find one that feels as good as the IBM one. Maybe I'm just too used to how it feels or maybe I don't buy the expensive enough keyboards. The IBM one cost me $15 bucks maybe and its held up well over the years.

Anyone still using old PS/2 hardware?

PS/2 is actually a fine interface for keyboards, as it doesn't have the key rollover issues that USB keyboards have.

There's a significant boutique market these days for quality mechanical keyboards, which I'm guessing your IBM keyboard to be. Check out this forum over at geekhack for a breakdown of quality mechanical keyboards.

I'm using a PS/2 IBM keyboard now. It's not the great M,but when it was given to me (brand new out of a closet where it sat for years) and I tried it, I instantly gave away my Saitek Eclipse II.

I still keep a PS/2 wireless keyboard/mouse set for whenever I troubleshoot someone else's computer. Many people that I know use older machines that won't recognize a USB keyboard or mouse in the BIOS.

OP, your IBM Model M is worth a lot more than you might think ...

Back