• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I started my 24hr leak test

  • Thread starter Deleted member 134350
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 134350

Guest
I started my 24hr leak test last night at 10pm Est. The hardware for my Maze4GPU block for my x1300pro pcie 256mb card wasn't right; they sent me a two allthread setup that was the wrong size. Not only was it too small, I needed the 6-32 rods and I needed all the hardware for four posts. So I had to cut the heads off of some 6-32 machine bolts and rig up something until my replacement stuff comes in. I didn't want to hold up the build any longer.

I ended up buying an Ultraproducts Aluminus tower case, the construction is excellent and the layout worked out great for water cooling. I really like the way the front cover is on metal removable hinges. I will take some pictures as soon as the leak test is over and I put the computer back together.

I want to thank all the people that helped this rookie venture into the world of water cooling. Since this is my first build I know some of the things that I did could have been done better, next time. ;)

img0970medium6gd.jpg

img0971medium8nn.jpg

img0972medium8iw.jpg

img0975medium5yx.jpg
img0974medium8kj.jpg

img0973medium3qb.jpg

img0976medium4aa.jpg

img0977medium2ft.jpg
 
Quote:
DaCoOlNeSs Gawd
"DaCoOlNeSs is online now Report Bad Post
do I see water on that paper tower?"



Nope, dry as a bone so far. :D
 
DaCoOlNeSs said:
do I see water on that paper tower?
eek.gif
i think its a paper towel with a floral print...i thought it was water at first also...or candle wax... i was like wtf
hehe

looks good sigfever, glad everything was going well.
so, did the water system pass the test? seems as though the 24 hrs is up and u havent posted anything...
 
The water leak test passed with flying colors. As soon as FedEx shows up with my power supply I will be putting the puppy togther.

I was really surprised how fast the air puging went, I had heard that it takes a long time but mine went quickly. The D5 pump is very quiet and I am looking forward to seeing what my temps will be. :D
 
Have you tipped your case in different directions to make sure there's no air stuck in radiators or anything? I remember a few times it seemed like it was done, and I tipped the case, and a big bubble came out of my BIP2 :rolleyes:
 
Thanks for the heads up, I have it over on its side now hooking up the connectors. Now if FedEx will get their lame ass here. :mad:
 
Yeah, those radiators will hide all sorts of air, screwing up your temps. I'd recommend unmounting them, and shaking/banging them around. You'd be surprised. ;) It's the main thing I'm NOT looking foward to in my dual rad when I put that in...

 
u dont really have to worry about trapped air as much if the barbs are on the top
when i did mine i was going to do a 24 hour leak test but about 10hrs into it i said screw it, its leak tight.
 
In the event that you use plug-in fittings, there is no need for a 24 hour leak test.
 
theseeker said:
In the event that you use plug-in fittings, there is no need for a 24 hour leak test.


and why is that .. do the plug in fittings reduce the number of possible leak points to zero?
 
Back
Top