• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I sent Antec an email....

IceWindus

n00b
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
10
I felt it was time to let Antec that we are really dying for some more aluminum models from them. Specifically, I wanna see their performance series be updated to aluminum models like Chieftec does and when can we expect some new designs.

I dunno about you, but im getting really sick of lugging around this steel ass "Blue Fantasy" case. As wonderful as it is, design, cooling the whole bit, the weight from steel is getting really old and after 3 cases of steel, enough is enough.

I told them how many of us do it yourselfers *and their are ALOT of us out here* are cattering to smaller and lighter cases to build our machines out of, and the market towards aluminum sinces it getting cheaper is becoming much larger. We move our cases for various reasons, from LAN parties, to cleaning, to making room on the desk to make love :D

I suggested they do more researching in the tech forums to get an idea of what people out of their cases, though I have seen Antecreps in places from time to time.

I also said that the days of runnin 5-10 80mm fans buzzing is over with. We want maximum airflow in our cases with minumum noise, thus we want 120mm fans as a stock cooling in our cases. More airflow, less noise, Cmon, its a no brainer.

I also said I'd give my soul if they made a 1000AMG out of aluminum, added 120mm intake and exhuast:D :D Probably other peeps as well.

I"ll let you know if I hear anything back.:D
 
Sounds alot like what I want out of Antec. I use alot of their cases for building computers for people. most are a little too heavy and a little too loud.
 
i have a steel coolermaster with the exception of an aluminum side panel that i got at newegg for $7 shipped. I think i would prefer steel over aluminum since it feels so much more stable and solid. The aluminum is nice for its heat transfer or whatever and i guess it is good for the "weaker" crowd that can't/can hardly carry a loaded steel case to a lan or whatever.

for me its steel all the way. i love quality, and i think that steel is the way to go for something that usually lasts the longest out of any piece of hardware that you can buy.

just my 2 cents

-zac
 
For me, to make the 3700 the perfect case all they need to do is:

1.) I would like a removable mobo
2.) A bigger PS (like the 430 or even their 480 :cool: ) I mean since we are getting our perfect case, my perfect case needs a big ass power supply!
3.) slide the HDD either back enough to get a rad in there, or move the HDDs up to the top between the 5 1/4" & PS.
4.) (Probably most important) keep the nice clean design, BUT DUMP THE CHEESY FLIMSY POS PLASTIC FRONT PANEL! Make it as strong as the rest, at least!
5.) Move either the mobo in 1/2" or the side out 1/2" to make hiding all the wires a breeze.
6.) Blue LEDs would be much better imo than baby shit green. :(
7.) Make front 120mm fan standard.

AND THAT'S IT!
Simple stuff. Would make a huge difference though.

(Aluminum would be nice too. ;) )
 
Buy an aluminum Chieftec case and put your Antec front bezel on it. The chassis design is identical between Antec and Chieftec.......Chemning is the parent company of all three brands of cases.
 
Buy an aluminum Chieftec case and put your Antec front bezel on it. The chassis design is identical between Antec and Chieftec.......Chemning is the parent company of all three brands of cases.

I would, but the colors don't match up, only antec makes the AMG color.
 
I believe the Performance One P160 was targetted towards this sort of demand. Some people don't like the look, but it *does* have most of those features. Aluminum, two 120mm fans, removable mobo tray. At least Antec is trying to fill our needs.
 
hmm, I think they should reintroduce a new amg series, and liscence the amg logo from mercedes to use on their new fancy cases.
 
I hate aluminum cases. They dent way too easy. When i buy a full tower style case i have no intentions of moving it around alot. If i wanna pack something around i'll buy a SFF. Steel cases are rock solid like a tank.

I hear you guys on the AMG color thing. They really need to make more case windows for their AMG lineup. Antec decided to discontinue selling them which is really retarded and stupid but i managed to find one for $26 shipped at ProVantage so i actually saved money :). Some of the other sites were selling them for like $50 lol.
 
Back
Top