I Received My MacBook Pro ...

dibbs

Limp Gawd
I recently received my MacBook Pro from the Apple Refurbished Store. I really wish that I had a camera but since I don't you are just going to have to take my word for it. :p

First off, wow! I received the laptop (shipped incredibly fast) and it is in flawless condition. When I say flawless condition, they could have sold me this as a new computer and I wouldn't even think twice about it. There are no scuff marks, anywhere, and the screen is flawless. I couldn't believe it. It started up incredibly fast and has the overall feel of an entirely new machine. While I have only been using it for a couple of hours so far, it is amazing.

It arrived in a box that said "Recertified, Reconditioned, Product" but I really don't care about that at all. I have heard of some people getting burned recovery disks ... not me ... i got the original recovery disks in the original packaging. Everything was packaged and protected extremely nicely. They even included the Apple Remote. I was a bit curious as to whether or not they would include this as with the new updates it has become a $19 (?) option (weird). While I didn't get the nice MacBook Pro Packaging that everyone loves, I could not of expected a better looking machine.

Overall, as long as this computer holds up, my experience with the Apple Refurbished Store has been incredible.

Two thumbs up Apple!

its quite possible that you got a brand new MBP that was leftover from before the new ones came out and they just put it into a brown box instead of the new ones. My blackbook is refurbished but even though ive had it for almost a year it still looks brand new.

I was thinking that also. It was available in the refurbished store before the updates for $1699 and went down to $1499 after the updates. Within 20 minutes after I sent the purchase through, it was not listed in the refurbished store anymore. I don't know how quantities work and this doesn't prove anything but I did find that fact interesting.

I was thinking that also. It was available in the refurbished store before the updates for $1699 and went down to $1499 after the updates. Within 20 minutes after I sent the purchase through, it was not listed in the refurbished store anymore. I don't know how quantities work and this doesn't prove anything but I did find that fact interesting.

It's probably one of the end of life computers they just branded as refurbished. I'm glad you are happy with your machine...

I bought my iPod Video/Classic from the refurb Apple store and it looked brand new as well.

as far as I know, all refurbish items have always looked pretty darn new...

Congrats. I didn't even know there was a Apple Refurb store. I've had friends trying to convert me to the darkside that is Apple for years now. At $2000+, a macbook pro was out of my budget. With this refurb thing though, there might be some hope. :)

I got my refurb MBP end of nov 07 and I 2nd it looking like a brand new laptop. Literally I used a towel and magnify glass and inspected the whole case and screen not one blemish. Personally I prefer the way it came without all the fancy packaging. I got everything I would of normally have gotten anyway.

Looking to sell this one for 1499 now and upgrade to one of the new ones at 1599 hopefully.

are you people dense. one of the prevailing benefits of a mac product is its aesthetics. do you really expect them to sell a refurb product of their own site and have it looking like something sold on ebay? did you expect them to not put it through a rigorous inspection process? how much do you think those covers really cost the home company?

I was thinking of getting rid of my main rig and both laptops to buy one of these refurbished macbook pros and simplify a bit. Would it be better to buy refurbished or just get a new one? I do get an educational discount so the Macbook pro would be $1799

Basic differences:

Refurb
2.2ghz
GeForce 8600M GT w/128mb
120gb hd
no multi-touch (i believe)

New
2.4ghz
GeForce 8600M GT w/256mb
200gb hd
multi-touch

Is the new worth $350? I would like to keep the laptop for a solid 3 or so years.

ThatDood:
since you can get an edu discount i would just go with a new one.

Back