• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I really don't get this anymore

e>X<stacy

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 4, 2003
Messages
111
Ok, I've got the Abit IC7-G, no BIOS changes or anything. it works with a temporary 533mhz pentium 4 2.4ghz, but not with my 800mhz pentium 4 2.4C. Any idea? BIOS update maybe? By not working, I mean with the 2.ghz the POST locks up after reading out the Hyper Threading Is Enabled, even after resetting CMOS.
 
I just updated the BIOS from 25 to 26. Still the same thing. Should I try version 24?
 
Before downgrading your BIOS (Which BTW will not help with processor support issues unless you installed a beta bios release), start with some simpler steps first

1. Disconnect the data cables to all your drives. If you have an IDE cable that's connected in reverse, it can cause the system to halt on the IDE detection phase.

2. Remove all the extra PCI cards you have leaving only your video card installed.

3. If you have another power supply, connect it up in place of your old power supply to rule out possible bad power supply issues.

What RAM do you have in the system? For 800 FSB chips it has to be DRR2700 or DDR3200. Older DDR2100 will not work.
 
Okay I've tried all of that already, I'll try it again though just to double check. I also took out the TI4600 and placed in a PCI mx440. I have DDr466 RAM. When I called up intel a while ago, after I told them my ram, they gave me some crap about my latencies causing incompatibility with my motherboard...maybe tha's the problem? Just the fact that my ram works now, but now it's running at 166mhz since the p4 533mhz is at like an 18multipler at 133 mhz. So I'm running my Ratio at 4:5
 
Back
Top