• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I need your input

Battou62

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 8, 2008
Messages
225
I need some recommendations on a new headset. I'll start of by saying that I am a big fan of what usb headsets bring to the table. I also recently recovered my old Onkyo TX-SR502 receiver and have it hooked up to my computer. So basically I am either considering getting a nice usb headset or buying a nice headset that I can drive with the receiver. I also have a friend that just bought a set of Sennheisers (hd555) and got the zalman clip-on mic to go with it. He says the cans sound great but the clip on mic definately doesn't sound as good as it should. So I am really looking for something that has a built in mic. I plan on using these for gaming and I do listen to music quite a bit. Let me know what you think.
 
This might seem like a silly question but it even possible or functional to get a mic to work through your receiver for your computer? Or is the only option buying seperate headphones and mic?
 
Is a desktop mic not an option? Thats what I have always preferred anyways. I buy one good mic and then I can get whatever headphones I want and upgrade them whenever.

I just got one of these and it sounds excellent.

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Micropho...OF08/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295451258&sr=8-1

They make a version without a webcam, but it's actually more expensive because it's not on sale. Also, the webcam can simply be pushed into the mic and it "clicks" in and stays there.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I guess it has to be an option. I would really like to avoid having to buy a sound card, and just use my receiver to push a nice pair of headphones. All of the gaming headsets ive been looking at (Senn PC 350) have two small connectors (one for audio and one for mic I assume), and I'm pretty sure I wouldn's be able to connect something like that to my reciever.
 
This might seem like a silly question but it even possible or functional to get a mic to work through your receiver for your computer? Or is the only option buying seperate headphones and mic?

you could definitely hook a headset up it would just take some creative wiring is all.

you could run an extension from the mic plug to the mic input on your soundcard using one of these:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=10218&cs_id=1021808&p_id=649&seq=1&format=2


then you would likely also need a 1/8" -> 1/4" adapter to go from the headphone plug into the receiver

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=10429&cs_id=1042903&p_id=682&seq=1&format=2

total cost ~$2
 
Yea I was hoping to avoid something like that. I might just forgo the receiver since it really cant accomdate an all in one solution. Anyone have any experience with the Asus Xonar Xense? Seems like a good deal on a headset and sound card.
 
Back
Top