I need your help :)

Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
8
I keep reading this forums for a long time but right now i need some serious help on a major issue.
I am an owner of Creative's Gigaworks S750 and apparently my sub stopped working last night (last like it happened with "a few" other guys).
Since there is no warranty, me and my friends will try to figure out why it stopped working. Although we are quite skilled with stuff like that, there is a good chance that either the sub will be completely destroyed or we wont be able to fix it.
So here comes the real question, after that what? I was in love with the bass i was getting, although sound wasnt always as clear as i would like to be.

Should(could) i keep the current speakers, get a new sub and amplifier OR should i throw them away and go for some studio speakers and of course get a sub and amp? I dont quite like the idea of having only 2 speakers, unless they are really good with 3D effects, EAX and all that nice stuff.

My soundcard, if that helps you at all is a X-FI Fatality.
Price is always an issue, BUT i am seriously mad about music and sound so i really wanna have top notch sound quality so i can spend quite alot to get a decent system.
Although 2.1 is always an option, i would like to hear opinions on 5.1 system as well.
Dont tell me about logitechs or creatives...hell i dont wanna get something like that.

Thanks in advance :)
 
Have you checked the fuse on the sub? I had a Monsooon sub stop working and it was easily fixed with a new $3.00 fuse.
 
we have replaced the fuse but it keeps blowing it, everytime we try to power up the pod.
We are close to fix it tho ;)
 
You sure it is the correct amperage of fuse? One way to stop fuses from blowing is to wrap them in tin foil but then you run the risk of damaging the speaker itself. I learned that trick when I was a teen because my Dad put a fuse on the speakers because the neighbor complained that we were playing our records too loud after school. He fused them so if we played over a certain volume the fuse would blow. A friend then showed us how to defeat his fuses by wrapping them in tin foil. Back to loud Alice Cooper music for us. :) I also used that method on an amp when the fuse kept blowing in the amp when played at loud volume too. Never caused an issue once wrapped in tin foil.
 
Back
Top