I need VPN router recommendations.

g4mbit

Weaksauce
Hello, I'm planning on implementing an IPsec site-to-site VPN with a remote office. We have here a Cisco 2811, the only problem is that they don't want to spend more than $300 or $400 in a router. Are there any good IPsec VPN routers out there for around that price range? The Cisco Linksys RVL200 sounds like a candidate but I have never worked on them so I wouldn't know. Any recommendations? :confused: Thanks

i use a linksys WRVS4400N VPN router, can have 5 ipsec VPN's at once. i use it and love it, although i'm moving to a full cisco ipsec soon. also has 4 port gigabit switch built in and the WAN port is also gigabit, supports draft-n wireless, has IPS security, you name it, more than likely it has it. although i do think it might have been discontinued because newegg no longer lists it.

RV043 is a decent router for cheap.

How many users will be on the other end?

What are your requirements? (other than 'i need a vpn router')

is there any expected future growth?

Yeah the Linksys/Cisco RV0 series does a decent job. Fits your budget. I have around 60 or 70 of them out there, decent solid stable fast router, good bang for the buck.

crap, if you're only going to have a few userz why not pick up an ASA5505 with the 10 user license? Full firewall with VPN capabilities and 2 PoE ports for those VoIP phones. :)
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I thought newegg was not an authorized reseller - may have trouble trying to get help from cisco if they are not.

They probably buy through an unauthorized channel. Your ASA will be registed like it came from overseas, You will not get the 90 days free support, you have to buy a Smart Net to get TAC support.

Back