I need to vent! BF3 related!

2wiced

2[H]4U
Im sick and tired of getting pissed off in this game. The whole game just irks me at times. The blueish fliter, the blur, the flow of the game. Nothing is totally smooth. Getting stuck while running on absolutely nothing. All the maps have been shrunk. Karkand is no longer big, its just scrunched together like a piece of shit COD shooter. Karkand used to be big! now I can fart at square and people will hear it at warehouse.

There is something about this game that just pisses me off! lol. Its rarely fun. When its fun, its fun. But most of the time I walk away thinking I wasted time playing the game. I come back to it because its "battlefield" because in my mind I remember the times of BF2 and BFBC2 when I had fun. But each time I play, its just not the same. Anyone else need to vent? Anyone have an explanation why it pisses me off?

I tolerate most of the differences, but I hate the map size as you said. It just isn't fun in helicopters any more.

I tolerate most of the differences, but I hate the map size as you said. It just isn't fun in helicopters any more.

Thats a big part of what irritates me. There is not RUNNING. BF2 you had to organize your moves. Here its just pathetic. You couldnt snipe into the spawn from D/B area on karkand, but you can now. And people can run right into the spawn.

Helicopters have become a joke. I love the heli, and I do well in it. But its not the same as you said.

Thats a big part of what irritates me. There is not RUNNING. BF2 you had to organize your moves. Here its just pathetic. You couldnt snipe into the spawn from D/B area on karkand, but you can now. And people can run right into the spawn.

Helicopters have become a joke. I love the heli, and I do well in it. But its not the same as you said.

Helicopters are still easy to use, difficult to master vehicles. I can fly them but when Im trying to fly more aggressive, Ill crash(those light poles come out of nowhere!). I also am not good at getting my gunner a good shot at the enemy as I either will fly to high(get shot at) or just not a good angle on the action. I hate how mouse/kb is competitive to a joystick or even better by having more control over aiming. I love flying with the joystick but have trouble aiming the rockets. Even with jets I have trouble aiming but I dont have much actual combat time with them yet. Sometimes I do really well with the jets, other times it takes 3 passes to kill a chopper lol.

Helicopters are still easy to use, difficult to master vehicles. I can fly them but when Im trying to fly more aggressive, Ill crash(those light poles come out of nowhere!). I also am not good at getting my gunner a good shot at the enemy as I either will fly to high(get shot at) or just not a good angle on the action. I hate how mouse/kb is competitive to a joystick or even better by having more control over aiming. I love flying with the joystick but have trouble aiming the rockets. Even with jets I have trouble aiming but I dont have much actual combat time with them yet. Sometimes I do really well with the jets, other times it takes 3 passes to kill a chopper lol.

The problem with the maps and helo's is ever cap point is a stones throw from each other. BF2 you would have battles that meant something when you wiped everyone out and capped it, in BF3 its about 10 seconds of sprinting and you are re-capping what you lost. A helo protecting a cap point was a big deal. Now an AA at almost any point on the map is within range, let alone any soldier with AA missles etc. etc. I fly the helos aggressively too, literally 1 foot off the ground zigging through trees and city scapes at full speed just to hope to avoid a javelin/jet on a strafe run. Its just not fun like it was in BF2.

I want real maps!

The problem with the maps and helo's is ever cap point is a stones throw from each other. BF2 you would have battles that meant something when you wiped everyone out and capped it, in BF3 its about 10 seconds of sprinting and you are re-capping what you lost. A helo protecting a cap point was a big deal. Now an AA at almost any point on the map is within range, let alone any soldier with AA missles etc. etc. I fly the helos aggressively too, literally 1 foot off the ground zigging through trees and city scapes at full speed just to hope to avoid a javelin/jet on a strafe run. Its just not fun like it was in BF2.

I want real maps!

the problem is the demographic of gamers they have to sell BF3 to now.. most of us BF2 players are older and outside that demographic. kids these days don't have the patience to run for 2 minutes to get from one check point to the next. ala why CODMW games sell so well, there is no purpose to the game except run around tiny maps shooting everything.

i agree with you though i loved the old maps. but i also understand why DICE ended up compressing the maps. nothing we can really do now that our generation is having to compete with the useless me, me, me, now, now, now generation of kids today.

I agree as well, and I understand your point, and their new business model. BUT I do feel that they could space objectives out more, or even remove some so its not so cramped. It feels like there is no risk/reward to capping objectives, which is why I dont even try to any more. Helicopters are up, and then shot down within seconds to a couple minutes, against even terrible teams. Jets have a constant presence over the entire battlefield, and are flying out of the actual combat zone within seconds, they dont fit in the game well currently.As of now I just play by myself as I think there really isn't any teamwork required any more, an objective should be an actual BATTLE to take. Damn you dice, damn you.

lol Most of this thread is "BAWWWW I HAVE TO TRY IN HELICOPTERS NOW INSTEAD OF BEING AN INVINCIBLE RAPE MACHINE WAHHH"

the problem is the demographic of gamers they have to sell BF3 to now.. most of us BF2 players are older and outside that demographic.

Yep, BF series has gone the CoD route, not completely, it still retains some unique gameplay, but it's incredibly watered down. Most of the OPs complaints I found to be true of BF3.

I was a massive fan of 1942, BF2 and BC2 with a total play time between those games closing in on about 2000 hours. BF3 is almost immediately unlikeable.

I feel the same way most of the time, it's just an annoying not fun game.

Little things about it grind my gears.

For example, in Sharqi. If your on the side that starts off /spawns facing the sun then good luck. Lucky if your winning that round.

How are you meant to take forward capture points with that Michael Bay BS sun glaring directly in your face. Not something the other team has to deal with because they are constantly looking away.

The game needed dynamic sun rays or something.

I loved BF2. But then when BC2 was released, it made me prefer smaller (still big actually but smaller than bf2) maps. Now with BF3, I don't mind those smaller maps since I became used to it.

Bluish filter, blur, etc. can be adjusted in graphics options (blur off, HBAO, SSAO). I do get stuck sometimes but that's like 1% of the time. So in essence, although BF3 does have some quirks, I am still enjoying it overall.

I've noticed that people who hate BF3 are people who are simply not good at this game. This is absoluteIy understandable because why would you keep playing a game where you keep dying or losing. I am not implying that this is you OP. But generally that's what I've found out in the forums.

I'm not bad am I lol

Ruskayazaraza is my name.

You're not bad at all. However if you try out the other classes more, then that would open up more fun things to do in the game. My name is "Haiku214" in BF3.

sure, but this one is specific to my whining. And you know what, it helped me cool down and I feel better now.

This is what I hate about BF3 the most

People like you who are so selfish you think YOUR wants and needs matter more than everyone else.

There is very little team play on public servers due to this.

Your entire whine could have been in the existing thread.

People like you who are so selfish you think YOUR wants and needs matter more than everyone else.

Not sure if serious....? :confused:

He is right about one thing: it's ridiculous how you can get stuck on terrain that shouldn't really pose a problem. I don't remember which map it was, but one of the new B2K maps had a freaking curb that I couldn't just step/run over normally.

Most of this thread cracks me up. I LOVE this game and it's right up there on my top 5 of all time list.

HOWEVER, I will add my own piss-n-moan comment. I HATE when players bunch up in doorways and I get stuck and have no idea why. Those moments I yell at the screen. lol!

Otherwise, relax and remember it's a GAME and have fun. :)

karkand feels bigger to me now and the others I play with say the same. I guess cause theres more places to hide since alot of the buildings are open. the only thing that really pisses me off is being limited to a 4 man squad, and proning behind something and still getting killed.

karkand feels bigger to me now and the others I play with say the same. I guess cause theres more places to hide since alot of the buildings are open. the only thing that really pisses me off is being limited to a 4 man squad, and proning behind something and still getting killed.

4 man squads fine, and don't lay against a wall with your feet hanging out the other side, dur. lol :p

Most of this thread cracks me up. I LOVE this game and it's right up there on my top 5 of all time list.

HOWEVER, I will add my own piss-n-moan comment. I HATE when players bunch up in doorways and I get stuck and have no idea why. Those moments I yell at the screen. lol!

Otherwise, relax and remember it's a GAME and have fun. :)

you have no idea how many times i yell at my screen because of that.. its one of the few times i wish i had been on a hardcore server and just killed all of them so i could finally get through the damn door to kill the person they weren't going to kill anyways.

You know, I used to get frustrated at this game until I learned that things will probably never change and unless I change my kicking and screaming mentality, I'm only going to get killed over and over. Adapt and change your play style or just stop playing. It's not worth getting all worked up over a game. And guess what, when I changed my play style and learned how to use the game to my advantage, I started kicking some serious ass and the confidence level behind my gunplay shot up significantly. The ones who survive are the ones most adaptable to change (lol).

4 man squads fine, and don't lay against a wall with your feet hanging out the other side, dur. lol :p

You'd think they could at least get the clipping right. So stupid to run by a building, look up, and see an arm or weapon poking through the wall. Easy RPG kill, but so stupid.

way to take my sarcasm in the wrong way.

I hope you feel better now. See isnt it great? to have someone respond to you? I can also say "people like YOU, expect the team to carry them and blame the game for a losing team"

assumptions...assumptions. Thanks again :):D

bf2 had 6 man, why would loosing 2 spots be fine? I can't tell you how many times I'm playing with buddies and theres an odd man out.

I don't mean laying against walls, I mean when your getting shot at and you prone behind something, you still die cause of the delay. seems like bf games have always had this problem though.

All I'll say is that when this game is fun, it's the most amazing game ever. But when you are sucking, it's absolutely infuriating. There is nothing that makes you want to punch the screen more than spawning on Karkand, getting killed by a sniper, spawning as a sniper, getting killed by a tank, spawning as an engineer, getting killed by some support guy that comes out of motherfucking nowhere, etc. (meanwhile, your team is running around while the other team controls all but one control point) Rinse and repeat, you just want to fucking kill everyone in the game.

But I still think this is the best shooter ever made and one of my top games of all time.

I don't mean laying against walls, I mean when your getting shot at and you prone behind something, you still die cause of the delay. seems like bf games have always had this problem though.

Can't really expect too much though. If you think about it, keeping track of 64 players in a fully destructible environment with many types of vehicles plus full bullet dynamics (not hitscan) requires a lot more than keeping track of 24 players in a small, non-destructible map where the weapons are hitscan (Call of Duty - which I still think has the best netcode/snappy response of any shooter). Sacrifices have to be made somewhere.

Yeah, I don't get the same feel of it that I got from BF2/BF1942/Vietnam. I liked BC2 as a deviation from the standard Battlefield game. It was fun for a while, but I was excited about getting back those giant maps and big battles, but the game feels nothing like that.

BF3 just isn't doing it for me.

Yeah, everyone is so polarised in their beliefs on this game especially it seems. Its so childish.

I LIKE IT THEREFORE YOU STUPID.

This is not a true successor. Do I like the game? yes, I have a lot of fun and I do well. Does it remind me of BF2? no not at all.

I just don't like insta-vehicles servers. Throws the balance out of whack.

I totally agree with you there. The new maps are almost impossible to play on these servers because they have too many vehicles.

IMO the game would be like a million times better with no vehicles at all. BF2 always had a bunch of infantry only servers, I think i need to find a good one for BF3 and I will enjoy the game a lot more.

You'd think they could at least get the clipping right. So stupid to run by a building, look up, and see an arm or weapon poking through the wall. Easy RPG kill, but so stupid.

How do you propose they fix it? In another FPS game they countered it by not letting you go prone or move when your legs are against an obstruction. Which also meant you can't lead people if you were hiding between crates or when you're up against a wall (You can't prone if there's a wall behind you, and you can't turn while prone if there's a wall on your left or right). If you were to do the same with the gun, you'll have the same issue as the tank in Crysis. When the tank barrel in crysis hits something (especially if you drag it against the wall at the start of the tank map and it hits a support pillar), the entire tank stops, lots of BF3 people camping the windows and corners would have an issue with that.

If they were to add an animation that make the model raise raise their guns when close to a wall, you'd have a lot of people running around killing people with their guns aimed skywards rather than forwards, like what's happening now with the reload and fire animation getting mixed up. Only the animation error would occur more often since people are always behind cover.

way to take my sarcasm in the wrong way.

I hope you feel better now. See isnt it great? to have someone respond to you? I can also say "people like YOU, expect the team to carry them and blame the game for a losing team"

assumptions...assumptions. Thanks again :):D

You weren't being sarcastic at all but it's nice to be able to claim that when you swing and miss so poorly.

And how would you take ANY thing in regards to how I play the game from my response? another swing and a miss - I am a teamplay oriented player always.

Getting stuck while running or walking or simply not being able to jump over something is a big probelm and really stupid. Shows the lack of good coding and lack of good map design.

This game is fustrating because it was designed to more or less simulate real war. And real war is well random and stupid and you die from the most senseless things.

The game is fustrating because anygame where typically no more than 3 shots kill you is just fustrating when things are going poorly. On top of that playing well as a team is crucial in this game. Since most people play in pubs and because people want to farm stats and points team stacking is the worst I have ever seen it in any game in my life. I do not feel I am over reacting when I say that. I have monitored my friends emotions and seen a pretty obvious pattern when you are on the good team and doing well the game seem so great when you are on the bad team and getting raped the game is terrible.

The cheating here is pretty bad too, not going to say the worst ever but up there with the worst. Once again probably something about stats and the ease of making hax work in a game where they thought it woudl be cool to ignore decades of experience with netcode that said do not do client side hit detection.

At the end of the day who cares though, this game appeals to people because it is realistic, slow, has good graphics, thats what you pay for not for the perfect gameplay.

Back