I need to reinstall WIn 7, can I transfer the outlook account info over too?

jordan12

[H]F Junkie
I am going to install a new Win 7 version on my in laws machine.

He uses Outlook 07. Is there a way I can do something to export all of his account settings, including his email address and password, so that I can re import and all of that will be there?

He never remembers the password, and his ISP is horrible about password resets.

Microsoft has an article on how to move and restore Outlook files. This should be able to help you out with this issue.

He uses Outlook 07. Is there a way I can do something to export all of his account settings, including his email address and password, so that I can re import and all of that will be there?

just copy the .PST (not backup) from the old to the new pc. It will NOT copy the passwords.

You can also use windows easy transfer to copy your windows settings, including outlook 2007 and it WILL include passwords.

Use Windows Easy Transfer

If you have access to a Windows 7 PC right now -- create a Windows Easy Transfer "disk". Copy the files to a flash drive and run it on old install.

It will create a backup of all OS settings, files, and even Outlook login/e-mails/address book etc.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/features/windows-easy-transfer.aspx

Back