I need to do a windows repair and I have a RAID 0 setup. Am I going 2 lose all data?

I am getting corrupted windows files error when I boot my machine. I've never done a windows repair with my RAID. Any tips?

Can you boot all the way into windows???

If so...

Go to run... and type in

sfc /scannow

You will need your Windows disk. May not work.. but worth a shot.

If you cant get into windows... I'd say that it shouldn't hurt it, but I haven't had to do this yet... *knock on wood*

When you go to do the repair... make sure you have the floppy that has your raid controller drivers on it handy as you will most likely need it for the repair.

l337zax said:
Can you boot all the way into windows???

If so...

Go to run... and type in

sfc /scannow

You will need your Windows disk. May not work.. but worth a shot.

If you cant get into windows... I'd say that it shouldn't hurt it, but I haven't had to do this yet... *knock on wood*

When you go to do the repair... make sure you have the floppy that has your raid controller drivers on it handy as you will most likely need it for the repair.

Ya that is where I am. I can not get all the way into windows, and need to repair. I guess I will try it out and see what happens :)

Big-Smoot[H] said:
Ya that is where I am. I can not get all the way into windows, and need to repair. I guess I will try it out and see what happens :)

okay everyone, I did a fixboot and a checkdisk ( i think that is what they were called) in the recovery console. I didnt know what was next, so I will share. windows rebooted and I did the second half of the regular windows repair. Windows rebooted again, and I went to the login screen. my username, picture, etc were there, so I know my data wasn't lost (yeah!). But when I put in my password I received an error that I could not log in because a parameter was not correct and to contact my administrator.

What next? Something else that I noted. I have a RAID 0, with Windows installed on the C drive. When I went into windows recovery center and had to select a drive that windows was installed on, it only showed D:Windows. That seemed really strange, and I wasn't able to change directory to the C drive.

any help please.

Back