I need some serious help here. I dont know where to start

Mr.B

Limp Gawd
hey everyone, well my computer somehow got seriously jacked up. LOL. I went to do a system restore from about 4 days ago, and when it finished and started booting, it just sat at this black screen and didnt move. I was like wtf mate? so i restarted the comp. Now, my keyboard works in like the cmos and bios area, but when it asks to reboot in safe mode and the other mode options, the keyboard doesnt work, it atomatically counts down and boots from the last configuration, but the screen just stays black after the little windows loading screen. How do i fix this, i cant even reboot in safe mode to reformat!1 can i reformate from bios or something? or somehow wipe all the info off OMG THIS SUXORS@@@!!Llsag;lasg HELPPPPP

Just try doing a fresh reformat/reinstall through the bootable Windows CD if you don't care about your data...
Otherwise, download and burn this http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ on another computer and boot off it and see if you can use the tools to resurrect your installation. Perhaps your MBR got effed up.

Set the BIOS to boot off CD, then reboot your computer with the Windows Disc in it. You can reformat from the Windows disc.

Thanx guys, i will try that. Let u kow how it goes...

PS i dont care about the data

booting from the cd doesnt work because it says press any key to boot from the cd but the keyboard wont work at that point, is it cuz its usb??? fuck.

There are repair install and reinstall options to consider before you go all the way to reformatting...?

[edit] Yeah, USB keyboard could cause issues if your stuff is old, try using the USB > PS2 adapter that probably came with it.

ashmedai said:
Take it out back and shoot it.
Because comments like these are so useful. :eek:

Mr. B said:
didnt work, the monitor doesnt even respond anymore.
I don't understand this. You mean the monitor doesn't even turn on? Or does it just show black. If that is the case I'd say its more of a vid-card problem than a monitor problem.

So using the PS2--USB Connection didnt work either? In anycase just sounds like a botched Windows XP now. Seeing as you claim its a keyboard problem, go get yourself a keyboard off one of you other computers (Assuming you have more than just 1) and plug it in, then do a new Win XP install.

Maybe your power-supply is dying/dead...
Or maybe you have a boot sector virus...

Borrow a ps2 keyboard and or buy one.. less then 10 bucks.. then try and reload

ps2> usb adapters dont always work

YA, got a diff keyboard it worked. But now i still dont get sound. i dont understand, my computer just doesnt know which sound card to use, on board or the pci one i have. Anyone know how to switch this. I think my sound card was messed up, so im trying it with another friends. well see.

Mr.B said:
YA, got a diff keyboard it worked. But now i still dont get sound. i dont understand, my computer just doesnt know which sound card to use, on board or the pci one i have. Anyone know how to switch this. I think my sound card was messed up, so im trying it with another friends. well see.

Its a BIOS setting under Intergrated Peripherals. I believe the selection is AUDIO, and it has two settings: DISABLE/AUTO. Which should you pick? :rolleyes: Teeheh. That should solve your intergrated sound problem.

You could always just have windows Disable the intergrate audio as well. And then just switch the Audio inputs from whatever to whatever...<-- Yeah that made no sense, but if the above doesn't work then I'll make sense.

Back