• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

I need some QUIET fans

Wich0

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 5, 2004
Messages
228
The case I bought included 2 80mm fans but they sound like vacuum cleaners. I'm looking to purchase some quiet fans that will still be able to cool my case decently. Does anyone please have any suggestions?
 
you should try and go to svc.com and buy some panaflo's fans. they're quiet and sufficient.
 
thanks. i think I'll go with panaflo from svc.com they got good prices!
 
I like my Vantec Stealth fans. 27cfm, 21dB. I fed them 12v from a seperate power supply to test them out, and I couldn't hear them from a few feet away. My Aeroflow is going bye-bye as soon as the rest of my WC stuff arrives. Then it's Quiet City for me. :cool:

I've heard that some fan blades are brittle, and break when they catch something. My Stealths have eaten quite a few things, and not a scratch/chip/break/etc.
 
According to the specs, these are by far the quietest fans around:

http://www.silenx.com/productcart/pc/viewCat_Z.asp?idCategory=3

9 dBA? Wow, I wonder if you can even feel air moving? :D

They claim the following specs on the 80mm

Fan Input: 12V/1.2W
Fan Speed: 1400/2400 RPM
Air Flow: 18/28 CFM
Noise Level: 11.8/14.4 dBA

28 CFM at 14.4 dBA? :eek:

http://www.silenx.com/productcart/pc/configurePrdz.asp?idcategory=3&idproduct=9

According to this review at Overclockers Club, the fans really are in the 14.4dBA range:

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/silenx_80mm_fans3.php
 
Back
Top