• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I need some opinions.

WarHammer

n00b
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
21
I currently have a 19" Envision CRT.
For gaming it is ok. For reading text on the internet it is coming up short for my 50 year old eyes.
I currently run the CRT at 1024x768 and would really like both larger text AND more of it on each screen on any new purchase. I would be ecstatic if I could keep the purchase at $500 or less but would spend up to $600 for something good.
I have gone to several stores, looked on many online stores and read many posts on this forum.
What I am leaning towards is a 20 inch LCD with good enough interpolation that I could run it at 1280x1024. So far the Samsungs I have looked at get there on price and the gaming looks ok but the text at anything other than 1600x1200 does not look good.
On the other hand on a Viewsonic VP201 text looked good at several resolutions but the store it was at did not have any suitable game software to try out.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

WarHammer
 
If you want to run 1280x1024 then look at the 19" lcds. 20" lcds will generally look pretty bad at 1280x1024 because it's physically impossible to stretch 1280 pixels across 1600 without it looking all distorted, which is most noticable on text.

If you're interested in a 20", look at the text size features in Internet Explorer or FireFox. Both of them allow you to increase the size of the text without changing your resolution. Using this you can still run 1600x1200, get the crisp text, just make it all a little bigger.

You can try changing the text size with your current crt so you'll have a better idea of what to expect. In the menu bar for Explorer go to View->Text Size-> Larger
 
Back
Top