I need some help

Mijae

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 19, 2003
Messages
95
I have this Chenming case and I got 2 CDR drives and 2 HDDs, so thats a lot of cables.

I was thinking of putting both HDDs above the CDR drives, but I need to make some adaptors so they fit.

Any idea of how can I build those adapters? Something firm? :p
 
They sell them. They consist of two pieces of sheet metal. Each is bent into a U shape and has holes on one side for the 3.5" standard and on the other with the 5" standard. You screw one on each side of the HD and it mounts perfectly.
 
Well you see, I am not living in a country that sell that type of things, so I have to build them myself.

I'd buy them if I could...
 
I have the Antec version of this case and I honestly don't understand why you would want to put your HDDs all the way up at the top. The removable HDD cage has a fan mount to cool them and you won't need extra long IDE cables to reach that spot either. You will probably need 24" or longer cables to reach the mounts at the top of the case, depending on the port placement on your mobo.
 
The reason: whole lot of cables. Too much cables.

And I have a P4P800 mobo, so cable length is no problem.
 
Back
Top